It's still Day 1 for many large retailers moving to the cloud, and they often have questions about how to successfully execute their cloud journey. These companies look to AWS for prescriptive guidance on how to leverage the cloud to transform their business with new capabilities around consumer insight, digital experiences and omnichannel retail.
As a business development leader for retail, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and deliver the strategy and solutions for retailers facing these issues. You will lead engagements with retail executives, working backwards from their corporate goals to identify how AWS can help transform their enterprise. You will also work with account teams to understand and overcome specific hurdles our customers face. You will provide thought leadership to help solve the biggest challenges in the industry. Finally, you will build ways to track customer impact, and use your experience to help improve the AWS engagement model and scale the AWS retail value proposition.
You must be effective at facilitating sessions with senior leaders around their business goals. In this role you will work with cross-functional teams as part of the program delivery and development. This includes business development, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, sales enablement, sales operations, and international teams.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience selling and implementing large-scale projects, a track record of thought leadership on retail industry trends, and a strong understanding of potential technology partners. In addition, you should have a documented history of thinking strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. We seek a clear point of view about the retail industry, expressed with an authoritative and distinctive voice. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to help drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the retail industry.
• Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
• Execute on the retail industry market development plan aligned with AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales leaders, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
• Develop domain-specific messaging and collateral materials that effectively communicate the AWS value proposition for retail.
• Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
• Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
• Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in retail.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
• 7+ years of executive management, business development, consulting, product management, or solutions development
• Retail industry experience
• Prior experience leading implementations of technology projects in retail industry, either as a vendor or as an enterprise user.
• Experience with software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking / database systems / core distributed computing concepts / fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization / storage systems / Analytics / emerging paradigms like IoT, Machine Learning, etc. is highly desired.
• Experience selling within the technology industry is highly desired, particularly to retail.
• Domain knowledge of key applications and technology provider landscape with ability to go deep on relevant technologies such as customer analytics and planning.
• Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence.
• The right person will be analytical and data-driven, and demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills.
• The right person will be business focused and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large IT environments.
• Experience in working with digital transformation of retail functions like merchandising, store operations or supply chain.
• Education: technical background with Computer Science/Engineering/Math is a plus.
• MBA or equivalent background helpful
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Chicago, IL.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.