Business Development Manager - VMware / Public Sector
- Seattle, WA
Do you have a passion for helping public sector customers innovate and implement transformative IT solutions? Do you have the ability to take customers on the cloud journey as they migrate and modernize their infrastructure? Can you be a trusted advisor and thought leader to customers, partners and internal stakeholders to deliver long-term customer success?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced and motivated business development manager specializing in VMware Cloud on AWS to join the World-Wide Public Sector (WWPS) team. VMware Cloud on AWS makes it easier for VMware customers to run any application, using a set of familiar software and tools, in a consistent hybrid cloud environment.
The business development manager will develop and execute a go-to-market strategy for VMware Cloud on AWS. This person will collaborate with senior leaders from AWS, VMware, and our partners to support and accelerate customers' adoption of VMware Cloud on AWS.
This individual will be responsible for identifying and building relationships at both VMware and AWS with key influencers and decision-makers within the teams of our targeted accounts. In addition, you should be able to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to create and present compelling strategies that meet and exceed customers' requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Being the trusted specialist and business leader for VMware Cloud on AWS opportunities in your region
• Working with AWS/VMware sales, pre-sales, operations and marketing to drive alignment and knowledge of cloud solutions and technologies to facilitate broad business growth in your region
• Drive VMware Cloud on AWS customer adoption, revenue and market share: accountable for exceeding account acquisition and sales quota
• Develop an enterprise account solution strategy at all levels - business units to C-suite
• Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/sector plan: driving strategies to win opportunities
• Effective pipeline creation, management and forecasting, and owning updates on progress to leadership
• Recruit and develop strategic alliance partners
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS and VMware communities
• Be a thought leader by looking beyond the technology and considering the value that the AWS + VMware partnership creates for our customers
• Extensive experience with progressive responsibility in business development, strategic partnerships, alliances or solution cloud sales
• Extensive experience in partner/business development, enterprise sales, and/or program/product management experience with a focus on Central and Local Government or Education
• Experience in leading and influencing cross-functional teams with value-led propositions
• Good level of French and English
The role can be located in Paris, Lyon or Lilles
Travel required in France.
• VMware experience as a seller, partner or customer
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and demonstrated analytical skills
• Relevant real‑life experience with hybrid cloud solutions (workload-defined private and public clouds)
• AWS experience as a seller, customer or partner
• Excellent presentation/communication skills
• Ability to maintain good rapport and demonstrates leadership and teamwork in cross-functional teams
• Expertise on the methods to build and optimize applications into a highly available cloud platform
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top