Business Development Manager, U.S. Dept of Defense - AWS GovCloud
- Arlington, VA
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and the AWS GovCloud (US) team is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced organization. As a business development manager for AWS GovCloud (US), you will have exciting opportunities to grow and expand the AWS GovCloud (US) customer and partner-base across the U.S. Department of Defense. In this role, you will be focused on driving growth and customer success across U.S. Department of Defense programs, agencies, and mission critical applications.
The AWS GovCloud (US) business development manager for the U.S. Department of Defense will identify strategic business trends, industry challenges, and technical and compliance requirements to develop a business strategy and AWS unique value proposition. The business development manager will leverage their experience and knowledge of program acquisition and execution in the U.S. Department of Defense and industry to promote the adoption of the AWS GovCloud (US) region and define functional/business needs to drive customer success.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of cloud computing; possess a background in partner and business development; and have proven results with introducing a product into new markets. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to dive deep and effectively drive business development programs. Candidates are expected to have the ability to write and convey compelling customer value propositions and business case/financial proposals. Through your work across AWS, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth, customer and partner onboarding, and overall adoption of AWS GovCloud (US). This position requires that the candidate selected be a US citizen. They must possess and maintain an active DoD clearance.
As an AWS GovCloud (US) Business Development Manager, you will:
• Research, identify and develop strategies to expand business in untapped markets and customer domains for the AWS GovCloud (US) region.
• Identify specific customer segments, industry verticals and partner markets to approach with targeted value propositions and business case proposals leveraging AWS GovCloud (US).
• Identify key industry segments and work with the AWS sales and partner development teams to introduce AWS GovCloud (US) to U.S. Department of Defense customers and partners.
• Define, develop and manage AWS GovCloud (US) focused AWS programs and initiatives tailored to the U.S. Department of Defense customer segments.
• Research and develop business cases to support detailed product feature requests in AWS GovCloud (US).
• Collect, create, and manage the creation of sales collateral to facilitate the business development process.
• Work collaboratively across the AWS ecosystem to develop and execute the sales/business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. AWS GovCloud (US) PMO, sales, legal, support, etc.).
• Work across AWS marketing and other business development teams to develop new campaigns, programs, and go-to-market initiatives for AWS GovCloud (US).
• Monitor customer onboarding and adoption; develop approaches to increase adoption, revenue growth rates and workload retention rates of AWS GovCloud (US).
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 8+ years of a combination of business development, sales, and/or product management experience in support of the U.S. Department of Defense. This includes demonstrated knowledge of the U.S. Department of Defense acquisition, program execution, and compliance process for the cloud and transformational IT projects.
• 5+ years experience with FedRAMP, DoD SRG, ITAR, DFARS, NIST 800-171, and other compliance/security regimes germane to AWS GovCloud (US), the U.S. Department of Defense and the aerospace and defense industry.
• 5+ years experience with cloud computing and the public sector. Includes experience working with the Defense Industrial Base (DIB), aerospace and defense contractors, enterprise Independent Software Vendors (ISV), and federal system integrators.
• Bachelor's degree is required; concentrations in either business or computer science preferred
• MBA preferred.
• Strong technical competency in the areas of cloud computing, web services and enterprise software.
• Experience working within the enterprise software development industry or consulting services.
• Technical Business Development experience executing successful U.S. Department of Defense transformational IT programs.
• Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
• Ownership oriented; ability to internalize goals and create appropriate action plans.
• Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to percieve problems and develop actionable and appropriate plans quickly.
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• The ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar.
• Self-motivated and a strong bias for action; willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top