Business Development Manager - Higher Education - Professional Services
- Flexible / Remote
Preferred candidates live in the East Region.
The Amazon Web Services Public Sector team is hiring a Business Development Manager who will develop and drive the Professional Services value proposition with customers in Higher Education. In this role, you will develop a long-term Professional Services sales strategy and execute that strategy with Higher Education customers. You will serve as the trusted advisor for our Higher Education customers as they seek to transform their IT infrastructure into the cloud and you will focus on all aspects of business development, deal structuring, deal support and closure to include pipelining, proposals, presentations, contract executions, deal close and enablement.
• Engage customers in a sales capacity - Collaborate with AWS sales and partner teams to develop strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business which drives AWS adoption in a portfolio of Higher Education customers.
• Enable cloud transformation - Develop long term Cloud Sales Strategy with customers to include identifying & developing specific opportunities and supporting business cases, manage issues and mitigating risks. Sell a portfolio of projects, including budget & deliverable responsibilities, drive proposal construction, including estimations and deal pricing, conduct contract negotiations & execute contracts.
• Influence customer executives Demonstrate the ability to assess the customer marketplace, organizational readiness, and influence C-level sponsors. Demonstrated ability to initiate conversations that lead to broader strategic transformation programs and construct large, complex multi-month programs which include multiple Professional Services engagements.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 10+ years of enterprise IT selling and/or business development with hosted, managed or cloud managed machine learning or data analytics technologies
• 5+ years managing high performance sales, business development, technology alliances or product teams in a technology industry through influence
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Strong enterprise negotiation skills
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• Technical background in software applications, networking, big data analytical tools, web application development, cybersecurity, etc.
• Demonstrated history of consistently exceeding sales quota
• Experience selling to a variety of state executive agencies (including health care and human services, transportation, and revenue), the judiciary, and local law enforcement and public safety entities
• Extensive customer network
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top