Business Development Manager - Cloud Economics
Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on assessing the comparative costs and Return on Investment (ROI) of migrating and running applications on AWS by engaging directly with C-level executives, IT professionals and influencers at all levels? Can you take complex IT infrastructure and virtualization scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, crafting models and financial assessments that are easy to understand and apply? Are you good at defining and quantifying business value, benefits and migration costs of improved processes and tooling? Do you have the business background, technical depth, analytical skills and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in cloud computing?
As a Cloud Economics Business Development Manager within AWS, you will help AWS customers and prospective customers shape their information technology strategies and IT financial models, and quantify the benefits of running applications in the cloud. To do this, you will work with AWS partners and other groups within AWS to give AWS customers the best insights into how to run their applications on AWS, in the most cost effective manner. You will identify economic barriers to adoption of AWS with these customers and develop repeatable strategies to overcome these barriers. You will communicate the economic value proposition for AWS to a broad audience of IT leaders. You will engage with AWS partners, including ISVs, to address concerns regarding software license management. You will also be expected to be the focal point within AWS for all TCO, ROI and cost efficiency business development activities.
Your responsibilities will include driving ROI/economic related BD activities within AWS, supporting the AWS Sales, Marketing, BD and products teams on ROI/economic related customer engagements. You will serve as an expert resource on the financial modeling of IT applications and infrastructures. In appropriate cases you will bring in other AWS resources as necessary to help our customers properly evaluate their IT options from an economic perspective.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of startups and also large enterprises. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the economic benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, engineering teams and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, with data center economics including data center migration and refresh cycles, with common enterprise virtualization environments, and be capable of creating detailed cost models for these environments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS Marketing and Sales engagements with our customers regarding the economics of their IT infrastructure.
- · Work with AWS Sales, BD and Marketing teams, drive proactive of ROI/economic conversations with our customers.
- · Develop a standard ROI framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, BD and marketing teams.
- · Serve as a central resource for the Sales team to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models for their current and future IT landscape.
- · Create a repository of Cloud Economic cases studies and conversations to share learnings with all parts of AWS.
- · Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using AWS relative to deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers.
- · Work with internal stakeholders to communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT applications and infrastructures in the cloud when compared to a traditional data center environment.
- · Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks on TCO related issues
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· 7-10 years of business development and IT management or management consulting experience.
- · Prior experience working with senior IT executives, IT outsourcing vendors and cloud service providers to analyze implementation options for on-premise, remote virtualized and cloud IT Infrastructures
- · Detailed financial modeling and analysis of large scale IT infrastructure, application and/or service investments, including baselining the total cost of ownership, detailed scenario analysis and functionality tradeoffs
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· Management Consulting background highly desired.
- · Experience building out or migrating IT infrastructure or managing data centers is highly desired.
- · MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
- · Must exemplify the Amazon Leadership Principles
- · The right person will have strong business sense and be technical and analytical.
- · Will be capable of understanding the complexities of IT environments.
- · Experience with data center migration and IT refresh analysis is highly desired.
- · Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- · Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and training.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top