Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
As a Specialist within Amazon Web Services, you would be able to shape the future of the analytics industry and further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space.
You'll work hand in hand with our sales teams and solution architects, helping to deliver the finest solutions based on our platform of analytics services. Your in-depth technical background in analytics would help customers understand how to improve their businesses using the right database services. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools, evangelize our platform with our enterprise customers, start-ups and valued partners.
Want to make history? Come and join the AWS Analytics team the creators of Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR, and Amazon Athena. Thousands of customers run managed databases on Amazon's industry leading cloud computing platform.
Come build the future with us.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Serve as a key member of the Analytics Specialist team focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for data warehousing and big data.
Execute programs and customer workshops for our Strategic customers.
Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product service teams, legal, support, etc.).
Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, and that they have the technical resources required.
Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to growing the business.
Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
This is a Specialist for Analytics in Strategic accounts in DACH and France markets.
• Experience in business development, enterprise sales, or program/product management experience.
• Must have Data Analytics experience
• Strong data analytics technical knowledge with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied analytics approaches (data warehousing, Apache Hadoop, operational analytics etc.)
• Experience with large enterprise customer facing roles
• Technical and/or business degree required.
• Experience working with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, IBM Netezza or other data warehouse databases.
• MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
• Experience with Strategic account management and solution selling ability.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.