Business Development Manager - Associates
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce website.
Amazon's Consumer Marketing team is looking for a talented, smart and entrepreneurial Business Development manager and leader to help drive Amazon's Benelux businesses focused on the Associates program. This program is a key and integral part of our Marketing Mix to bring new customers to Amazon, drive existing customers to discover new products or programs on Amazon and increase customer loyalty. The Amazon Associates program is one of the most well-known and respected Affiliates programs WW and enables our partners (from content websites, social presences to large portals) to monetize their online traffic by referring customers to Amazon. We work with many of the largest publishing groups in the world and in Benelux including Hearst, Conde Nast, DPG.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager, who will drive engagement and build solid relationships with our business partners within the affiliate publishing space nurturing the partnerships. You will be a key member of the Benelux Marketing team and will be interacting frequently with senior stakeholders within Retail and Consumer Marketing while regularly engaging with both current and prospective partners at the C-suit level.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills. Operating in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment you will work autonomously taking full control and responsibility for hitting business objectives. This role provides opportunities to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions in an ever changing business climate.
• Uncover new relationships and help our partners rapidly expand their partnerships
• Representing Amazon holistically in front of key partners, involving other Amazon teams as necessary (Prime Video, Amazon Gift Cards, etc.).
• Contributing to the development of our tools, processes and best practices.
• Controlling marketing spend and improving efficacy and efficiency.
• Analyzing and improving business results, reporting to senior management and communicating closely with various internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record in Sales & Marketing to grow revenue through partnerships in the e-commerce space. You will have strong understanding of SEO, key affiliate integration business models and practices. You will need to grasp the big picture quickly, create ambitious goals, communicate the strategies to achieve these goals, and personally lead business development activities. You will need to inspire confidence and quickly build credibility in our partners and people. You will demonstrate strong commercial acumen and be comfortable navigating partner integrations. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Account Management
• Complete fluency in English
• Significant and relevant experience leading Sales & Marketing activities in the digital and/or e-commerce sector
• Demonstrated ability to source, launch and expand successful partnerships.
• Excellent analytical skills - ability to derive actionable conclusions from large data sets and turn them into potential partnerships.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills - ability to articulate ideas and persuade stakeholders, at ease when dealing with senior management.
• Bias towards data-based decision making.
• Ability to quickly build credibility with external partners and internal Amazon stakeholders.
• Ability to understand global ecommerce trends and translate them into business opportunities.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple responsibilities in parallel.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done.
• Degree level in Bachelor of Arts or Science.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Experience launching a new country
• SQL knowledge
• Master's degree Business, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a similar field
Back to top