Are you interesting in joining our AWS Industry Business Development team to drive transformational, digital manufacturing and supply chain solutions for our largest global customers? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon and the leader in providing secure, reliable, scalable, and innovative cloud services that help over a million businesses across the globe scale and grow. We are expanding in a number of areas and our Global accounts organization is looking for a seasoned Automotive BD leader with experience selling and delivering Smart Factory, Industry 4.0, Machine Learning, Digital Twin, Robotics, and process automation solutions for the worlds largest Auto makers and their Tier 1 suppliers.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience designing and taking to market new cloud enabled solutions within the Automotive and Industrial industries ranging from product design to manufacturing to distribution to service/dealer management. Your experience would come from directly rolling out new cloud based solutions at a major Automotive customer, major industrial manufacturer, or working as a consulting to implement digital innovation programs within these industries.
• Serve as a key member of the Global Accounts Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the Automotive industry.
• Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
• Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
• Serve as the expert for AWS capabilities that can support manufacturing offerings in the areas of smart factory, digital twin, robotics, and other cloud based capabilities.
• Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for the Manufacturing industry.
• Understand the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
• Present business reviews to senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks in expanding our reach in the industry.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Business Administration, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related discipline, and seven years of experience in the industrial manufacturing industry.
• 15+ Years working with Global Automotive or Industrial Companies (spanning areas of product planning, production planning, manufacturing, distribution, and customer service)
• 7+ years in professional services or consulting in re-engineering of core processes to optimize the value chain
• 7+ years experience direct experience in owning or creating new product strategies
• Experience with Smart Factories and use of computer vision and ML
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics
• 5+ years in the manufacturing industry (both/or discrete and process manufacturing)
• Demonstrated understanding of industrial systems and experience working with ISVs (e.g. SCADA, PLC, MES, inventory/warehouse, etc.) as well as relevant technologies such as SAP(ERP), MES, B2B, JDA, WMS/Manhattan, Ariba/Coupa, AI/ML, IOT, Blockchain and Data Lakes
• 7+ years of experience in client related interactions (presentations, building relationships, structuring and providing program oversight, working with partners, statement of works/commercials exposure)
• Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Business Administration, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related discipline, and seven years of experience in the industrial manufacturing industry.
• German speaking