Business Development Lead - Engineering and R&D - Global Accounts
- Flexible / Remote
Are you interesting in joining our AWS Industry Business Development team to drive transformational, digital manufacturing and product development solutions for our largest global customers? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon and the leader in providing secure, reliable, scalable, and innovative cloud services that help over a million businesses across the globe scale and grow. We are expanding in a number of areas and our Global accounts organization is looking for a seasoned BD leader with experience selling and delivering Smart Factory, Industry 4.0, Machine Learning, Digital Twin, Robotics, and PLM/CAD/CAE solutions for the worlds largest CPG, Industrial, and Automotive customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience designing and taking to market new cloud enabled solutions within these industries ranging from product design to manufacturing to distribution to service/warranty. Your experience would come from directly rolling out new cloud based solutions at global customers, or working as a consultant to implement digital innovation programs within the Automotive, CPG and Industrial industries.
• Serve as a key member of the Global Accounts Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for Engineering and R&D organizations in the Automotive, CPG, and Industrial industries.
• Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
• Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
• Serve as the expert for AWS capabilities that can support manufacturing offerings in the areas of smart factory, digital twin, robotics, product design/development and other cloud based capabilities.
• Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for design and engineering such as HPC and AWS edge services such as Outpost.
• Understand the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
• Present business reviews to senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks in expanding our reach in the industry.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
• Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Business Administration, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related discipline, and seven years of experience in the industrial manufacturing industry.
• 15+ Years working with Global Automotive, CPG and Industrial Companies (spanning areas of engineering, product planning, production planning, manufacturing, and distribution)
• 7+ years in professional services or consulting in re-engineering of core processes to optimize the value chain
• 7+ years experience direct experience in owning or creating new product strategies
• Experience with Smart Factories and use of computer vision and ML
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics or experience equivalent
• 5+ years in the manufacturing industry (both/or discrete and process manufacturing)
• Demonstrated understanding of industrial systems and experience working with ISVs (e.g. PLM, CAD/CAE, SCADA, PLC, MES, inventory/warehouse, etc.) as well as relevant technologies such as SAP(ERP), MES, B2B, JDA, WMS/Manhattan, Ariba/Coupa, AI/ML, IOT, Blockchain and Data Lakes
• 7+ years of experience in client related interactions (presentations, building relationships, structuring and providing program oversight, working with partners, statement of works/commercials exposure)
• Masters of Business Administration or other relevant advanced degrees
• AWS Cloud Certifications
• Industry vertical experience in Automotive, Industrial and CPG
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top