Business Development Graduate
- Madrid, Spain
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team is looking for ambitious graduates to join our Commercial Graduate Program in London or Manchester. As part of this program, graduates will be assigned to a role in one of our different Amazon businesses. Available opportunities include: Amazon Vendor Services as a Brand Specialist, Amazon Merchant Services as a New Accounts Manager or Retail Vendor Recruitment as a Vendor Manager.
Amazon Vendor Services (AVS)
AVS is a paid B2B service that aims to help strategic brands partner with Amazon. As a Brand Specialist in the AVS team, you will gain 360-degree exposure to all areas of e-commerce at a pan-EU level, owning the end-to-end relationship with your brand and advising your key account management partners as a business expert. Key responsibilities include:
• Business Advice: Identify opportunities based on deep data analysis and provide recommendations to improve sales and margin.
• Selection: Help grow selection by managing the launch of new products and improving discoverability.
• Availability: Drive supply-chain operational excellence by reducing costs, defects, lead times, and by managing stock in our fulfillment center.
• Traffic: Provide recommendations for the brand's marketing and advertising campaigns to promote new products/increase traffic or conversion
• Conversion: Plan and implement promotional activities and improve the customer journey on Amazon through enhanced content on detail pages.
Amazon Merchant Services
Amazon Merchant Services covers all third party merchants' activity related to selling on Amazon as well as the specific services and products we offer to help develop and grow these sellers. As a New Accounts Manager you will have responsibility for the growth of Amazon's third party merchants across a variety of different product categories and from different countries. Key responsibilities include:
• Prospect, qualify, and call important leads
• Build an understanding of customer pain points, requirements, and potential value that can be delivered by Merchant Services Deliver and report on a set of business development targets
• Identify target accounts using market data and industry intelligence
• Learn the Merchant Services portfolio and the Amazon culture
• Use feedback to identify opportunities to improve our products, services, processes, systems, and tools
• Work with different parts of the Amazon business to implement improvement projects, including working with category teams, product teams, and technical support teams
Retail Vendor Recruitment (RVR)
As part of the Retail organization, the Vendor Manager helps recruit and on-board new vendors. Targeting the most relevant selection for our customers, you will aim at recruiting new vendors and making their selection available on the website. In close coordination with Retail teams, you will drive new vendors through all the on-boarding phases, up to their first units shipped. Key responsibilities include:
• Identify, prospect and reach out to new vendors, analyze their potential for Amazon. You will lead first steps, by cold-calling potential partners or attending commercial events and trade fairs, and confidently explaining advantages and benefits of partnering with Amazon
• Be a business consultant to new vendors and provide insights and advice for them, being able to deal with different business profiles and sectors. Help new vendors to integrate their catalogue data into Amazon platform, master Amazon's internal tools and train vendors on how to use these tools.
• Plan, conduct, deliver and report analyses to understand the performance of recruited vendors
• Help to develop and improve recruiting and on-boarding processes, assist in removing any technical blockers and identifying technical improvement areas.
As a new graduate you will be provided with all the relevant training when joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues. Not to mention the excellent long-term development prospects you'd expect from one of the world's leading online businesses.
• In final year of study for Bachelor's or Master's degree, or graduated in the last six months
• Studies within Engineering, Commerce, Business administration or similar field
• Fluent written and verbal communication in English
• Knowledge in MS Office programs as Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Analytical skills
• Planning, prioritization and time-management skills
• Ability to communicate efficiently
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience in financial analysis, retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, marketing, consulting, negotiation or supply chain is a plus
• Experience using analytical specific tools such as Google Analytics, SQL or HTML is a plus
• Proficient written and verbal communication in a second European language
Application and Assessment Process
Successful candidates will be invited to attend online interviews and if offered will be allocated to a role and team based on skills for the role. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
EU Student Programs Team
Back to top