Business Data Analyst
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, innovative and driven leaders. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything on-line, this is your chance to make history and be intimately involved in growing our business by leading and supporting hourly staffing initiatives.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative leader who will enable this growth through implementation and support of our high volume-hiring platform. Key to this mission is strategic, large-scale project management initiatives that will allow us to scale our organization for the future in a dramatic way. This role is both a strategic and hands-on leadership role, currently on our Workforce Staffing team, as part of the Centralized Services group.
The role will be responsible for utilization of candidate process metrics, which will drive functional reporting tools (Tableau Dashboards), in addition to multiple ad hoc data requests/reports in Tableau or Excel, for internal and external partners to drive process improvement and capability scaling.
- Interface with multiple stakeholders and teams to structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and working with 3rd-party vendors to deliver recommendations
- Create standardized reporting and build dashboards for staffing metrics
- Identify trends and provide recommendations by considering internal operations process data
- Work with senior stakeholders on various projects that focus on process efficiencies
- Provide necessary training on the usage of tools and products
- Perform regular system audits to ensure complete and accurate reporting of data/metrics
- Generate scheduled and ad hoc reports to support the staffing leaders
- Work closely with corporate central teams such as HR Analytics and Operations, HRIS BI team, and Finance
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-8+ years of professional experience with emphasis on data and analytics, preferably in HR or recruiting
- Strong technical skills including expertise in Minitab, Python, R, and Tableau
- Impeccable customer service with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail; are able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and effectively communicate technical information to internal and external customers who are both technical and non-technica
- Ability to identify and resolve issues independently in a rapidly changing environment; taking initiative in ambiguous circumstances
- Robust sense of accountability and sound personal judgment with the capacity to handle confidential information and escalate issues effectively
- Proactive and forward-thinking with creative problem-solving ability
- Masters degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field is preferred
- Experience with data extraction using SQL; ad-hoc reporting; manipulation of raw data; creation and updating of pivot tables and metrics presentations
- Knowledge of data modeling and data driven decision making is desired using statistical software (such as R, SAS, SPSS, Python is preferred)
- Experience with business intelligence tools is required (such as Tableau, QuickInsights)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top