- Sydney, Australia
Finance is all about the numbers...unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm empowers us to deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to question the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We support others understand finance and are the trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to enable them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we'll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. Your experience has taught you how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don't add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Expertise collecting, analyzing and coordinating quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to define business improvement and cost reductions
• Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the Fulfillment Center improve and create new measures for site productivity
• Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its current position and profitability
• Coordinate the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and improving the use and ease of interpretation by your Operations partners
• Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
• Proven ability to handle complex priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
• Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the operations of the business
• Learn from inspiring and diverse team
• Growth in a fast-pace environment where every day is day one;
• Learn from people with a wide variety of professional backgrounds;
• Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves.
At Amazon, we ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive compensation package joining the team comes with great benefits such as:
• International relocation package
• Supplementary health insurance
• Supplementary pension plan
• Life & disability insurance
• Access to MultiSport card for discounted entry to over 4,600 sport and leisure facilities in Poland
• Being involved in an international environment
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
• Relevant experience in positions that require analysis
• Proven financial insight or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, or interpretation and analysis
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a progressive, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
• Advanced proficiency in Excel (macros, pivots, lookups)
• Experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• Fluency in English
• MBA preferred
• Measured experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and professional business sense; proven ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing such mechanisms to result
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, PowerBI, Tableau) and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
• Previous experience in a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
• Career progression and willingness to relocate for advancement opportunities
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Back to top