Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from startups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS's multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations also look to and depend on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
We have an immediate opening for a Contracts Manager to support the AWS World Wide Public Sector team focusing on National Security customers. This position will be based in Annapolis Junction, MD.
This position has a strong focus on pre and post award contract management. Responsibilities will include maintaining contractual opportunities and assisting in the formulation of contract policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and performance standards for a variety of federal programs. You will participate in and oversee team review of all customer contractual and purchase documents, coordinate legal activities for contract/agreement negotiation and support bid process in reviewing RFPs and ensuring ability for contract compliance. You will maintain contract records/files and manage, track and ensure compliance with all contractual obligations. This person will have a strong desire and ability to develop and implement tools and automation in contracting operations in order to increase efficiency and sales productivity. You will also support the sales team in helping to educate government contracting officers on AWS cloud services and advise them on the AWS cloud contracting model and issues and approaches to cloud computing with respect to commercial terms and conditions as well as acquisition policy and regulations.
• This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 7+ years of contracts management or other comparable experience with US Government Contracts with a focus/in depth knowledge of Federal contracting (FAR/DFAR)
• 5+ years experience managing multi-agency IDIQ type contracts.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret/SCI or above
• Experience with FAR, DFAR, all government contract types, UCC, commercial contracts, international contract and cradle to grave process.
• Experience in reviewing and negotiating legal terms of a broad range of enterprise technology commercial contracts
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute
• successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer skills
• Experience in Sharepoint and SalesForce
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us