Amazon is looking for a smart, ambitious, strategic, business transformation leader for our evolving HR Operations & Analytics needs. In this role, you will develop deep expertise with End to End Pay process used by Amazon and will work with business leaders, technologists, HR program leaders and delivery partners to develop and document new strategies, requirements and timelines for projects and business analysis.
The Business Analyst works in tandem with the program manager and will coordinate activities such as resource acquisition, budgeting, and working with other management members to accomplish tasks and activities. A primary focus for this position is deliverables, which includes producing or achieving stated goals. This role will capture and analyze data and information from internal and external sources to share meaningful insights with program team. Responsible for setting the tone on information gathering and disseminating to the parties responsible for using it to the program's benefit.
The Business Analyst will use data to identify trends to decrease errors, increase efficiency and deliver the best possible customer experience. Mine internal data systems, analyze competitor data, and identify trends to help target processes improvement opportunities. Evaluate large volumes of data, understand trends, and communicate those trends to business owners as well as program and project leaders. Manage projects which are focused on continuous improvement and insights related to program goals.
- Analyze business drivers
- Find and confirm program and functional goal measurements
- Identify business metrics related to goals
- Manage projects
- Relate business drivers to corporate goals and corporate goals to functional goals
- Understand business strategy and relate metrics to all goals
- Identify business opportunities for information usage and insights that focus defect reduction efforts
- Articulate the business value of information usage
- Develop and maintain BI strategy for the program
- Articulate programs budgetary needs which include but are not limited to resources
- Develop and maintain relationships with top business and technical executives
- · Analyze impact of business intelligence on business processes
- · Assess readiness for business intelligence
- · Understand the subject matter and anticipate what users will want
- Identify measures of success and ROI
- Manage expectations
- Ensure the program goals are met by providing a decision-making insights and data that cannot be achieved at the sub-program or project level
- Facilitate the collection and quality of regional business requirements including process deviations and localizations
- Lead deep-dive reviews and remediation plans for defects and Monitor input defect data, progress towards goals, and issue escalation
- Become Subject Matter Expertise – develop deep knowledge of core pay processes metrics, advise the business on regional and global process requirements
- Own communications to program members and stakeholders on data and insights, including regular status updates and various white paper analysis.
- 3+ years relevant program and business analysis experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Business analysis: Be able to perform business analysis as needed, documenting business requirements for processes, people, policy and systems
- Excellent team player and delivery mindset.
- Ability to develop and maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedule; collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables ; track and mange action items, issues and risks
- Good written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
- Experience in a matrixed environment
- Develop measures to define progress and ultimate success; establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators for planning and ultimately realizing intended ROIs. Relate metrics to all goals
- Demonstrated project and metrics ownership, consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Successful record of building, improving and running operational business processes globally, ability to drive program effectiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Experience developing, improving and implementing analytics for core HR or Supply Chain solutions in large-scale, complex environments
- Process improvement and change management skills
- Manage ambiguity
- Ability to travel 10%
- 5+ years relevant data analysis and project management experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Supply Chain mindset with good understanding of process analytics
- Able to work with financial analyses, assess and mitigate risk, forecast both long and short-term outcomes, and anticipate and navigate scenarios in a complex business environment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top