Amazon's Corporate Transportation Accounting Team is looking for an achievement oriented, curious, collaborative Business Analyst to deep dive automated processes to improve controllership and visibility into our automated transactions.
As an Amazon Business Analyst in Transportation Accounting, you will design business processes to Deep Dive data produced by Transportation financial Systems, build reporting functionality to improve controllership, and help define processes to streamline the month-end close process globally. You must have expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. Working collaboratively and cross-functionally will require strong communications skills. An understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles with the ability to understand and incorporate data control requirements into Information Technology platforms is a key success factor in this role.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting or finance
• 4+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data analytics or computer engineering
• 2+ years of hand-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets
• 2+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python,Kornshell C#, etc.
• 2+ years of experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, OBIEE, QuickSight)
• Experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing experience with SQL Service, Redshift DBs, S3, EC2, etc.
• Experience in operational accounting and the month-end close cycle
• General understanding of SOX process controls and control environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.