Business Analyst - SWA
- London, United Kingdom
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren't content with just standing still. We're aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Amazon Shipping is looking to hire an analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Business Analyst that can drive innovation and execution in transportation networks. As a member of the UK Amazon Shipping team you will be responsible for optimising the transportation and delivery network to meet with the strategic network plan.
Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience?
This is a great opportunity to be part of a team and initiative that is at the very start of its journey. You will be part of the core team that will design, build and implement a Collections Network which will exceed our customer's expectations.
Role and responsibilities
• S&OP Planning ( Short and Medium Term) for UK -SWA with stakeholders across First Mile Sellers, ATS-SCs and Last MIle AMZL
• Identify, analyze and dive deep on drivers for forecast inaccuracies and improve the same based on data driven decision making.
• Contribute to projects to improve S&OP Volume Forecasting and Capacity Panning.
• Providing Report and analysis through tools, portals and databases (Oracle BI, Tableau, Excel, SQL and/or other data management systems)
• Communicate and collaborate with Product and Program Teams to improve S&OP Function
• Program Manage Tech improvements with US Tech and Product Teams
• Understand drivers for forecasting inaccuracies and be a real creative problem solver to fix in a sustainable way
• Passion for logistics and customer experience
• High motivation to learn, develop, and perform in a fast paced environment
• Bachelor or Master's Degree or similar education in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Logistics, Supply Chain, Economics, Business Administration, or a similar related discipline
• Work experience in business analytics with demonstrated proficiency in quantitative analysis
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Experience with SQL or other programming experience
• Experience with metrics creation and data presentation
• Relevant work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus
• Experience with Tableau or any equivalent representation layer
• Experience with building multi-dimensional data models to serve as a foundation for future analyses"
• Experience with big data analytics
• Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• A desire to create and build new processes
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to communicate across business areas
• Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills
Back to top