Do you enjoy using your quantitative and analytical skills to find and solve big problems? Are you passionate about enabling data-based decisions to tackle strategic challenges and solutions globally? We are looking for someone to do just that in the context of AWS's biggest asset - our people.
AWS prides itself on being able to attract and retain the best and the brightest talent of our industry in a fast-paced environment. One critical component to ensuring top talent is retained is making sure that our levels of compensation and benefits are competitive, and we are able to effectively manage employees' experience with compensation.
Within the Worldwide Revenue Operations (WWRO) team, the Business Analyst role owns the analytics for the Sales Incentive Compensation Design Team. In particular, the role would be responsible for conducting deep dive closed-loop analysis to determine efficacy of our sales compensation plans and programs. This role will also develop self-service capabilities for broader sales operations teams by developing dashboards and reporting. We are looking for an analyst who is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The role is key in delivering on the organization's team's charter to deliver high quality compensation backed by data driven decisions. The role also works with Sales leaders across the globe globally to provide insights for their relative business units in addition to providing standardized and ad-hoc analysis for the Worldwide Revenue Operations group on a quarterly basis.
• Working closely with Plan Design Managers to do hypothesis testing and what-if scenario analyses during annual design cycle. Also provide insight related to efficacy of sales compensation plans and programs throughout the year.
• Providing sales incentive compensation metrics reporting for monthly and quarterly business reviews
• Translating findings into succinct, actionable business insights, often in coordination with compensation program managers who help you tell a holistic story
• Communicating results effectively for impact and providing follow-up insights in a timely manner
• Liaise with upstream data providers to ensure quality, reliability and timeliness of the data feeds that go into the reporting platform
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using relevant tools, for e.g., SQL, and other 'big data' technologies.
• Understand the business strategy and implement changes to the tools and reporting to provide scalable and timely insights to enable data driven decisions.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
LOCATION FLEXIBILITY: Position may be located in Seattle, Dallas, Boston, or Arlington, VA. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
• Bachelors degree or Masters degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, or related field
• 5+ years of industry experience in data analysis. Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• 3+ years of experience in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database
• 3+ years of advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc)
• Advanced proficiency in SQL, data modeling, Excel, and data visualization tools like Quicksight, Tableau, Power BI etc.
• Computer programming experience in Python, R language or equivalent.
• Demonstrated collaboration and proven ability to work effectively in a large, geo dispersed, and virtual team environment.
• Provide skills in effective stakeholder management across organizational boundaries. Building strong relationships, deep understanding of the business needs, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations. Can effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
• Drive for results having high attention to details and self-discipline.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.