Business Analyst, Retail Strategy
Business Analyst, Retail Strategy – External Job Description
Amazon is seeking a Business Analyst, Retail Strategy based in Seattle, US. Our team dives deep into Retail processes worldwide to drive improvements and make recommendations to our senior leaders worldwide. The Business Analyst will collect large sets of data, build metrics and business cases to support decision-making. The successful candidate will be an analytically driven team player, with an excellent attention to detail and a keen business sense who wants to explore customer experience improvement opportunities.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Pull, analyze and use data to build metrics and business cases to support decision-making.
- Work with teams across Amazon to procure relevant data sets and create buy-in for use of newly created metrics.
- Define, design and maintain data repository and reporting dashboards.
- Identify data quality and process improvement opportunities.
- Propose enhancements to our processes and methodology to improve data quality and drive down costs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience or Masters degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BA/BS in Business, Operations, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- Relevant professional experience in an analytically oriented, data, or quantitative role e.g., business metrics reporting, finance, consulting, or marketing research
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases and complete root cause analyses
- Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL and basic knowledge of programming languages (prior data mining experience a plus).
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivated
- Diverse work experience/background, experience in working in a global team setting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work with business partners in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs
- Background in statistical analysis and/or data modeling is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top