Business Analyst, POE EMEA
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon's Perfect Order Experience team works to ensure that buyers receive authentic products. We design and implement policies, tools and technology innovations to protect the buying experience on Amazon while minimizing friction for sellers.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a passion for using data to discover and solve real world problems. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights drive the creation of real tools and features for our customers and thousands of merchants participating in our Marketplace on a regular basis.
The perfect candidate will have passion and experience analyzing data and using that analysis to drive key insights and recommendations. As a business analyst you will also build reports and metrics, drive ad hoc analysis and communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will not only execute on the required skills but also be able to influence, educate, and drive results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of policies, processes and tools to address product quality challenges in collaboration with teams across Amazon. This is an opportunity that requires a critical thinker with strong organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills. At the core of the position is passion for protecting Amazon's reputation and the customer experience and trust.
Key responsibilities include:
• Build and maintain recurring metrics and reports.
• Complete ad hoc data retrieval and analysis using relational databases, Excel and other data management systems.
• Design and implement reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
• Monitor existing metrics as well as develop and propose new metrics, working across the Product Quality organization to make actionable intelligence available to business stakeholders.
• Support cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of projects and initiatives.
• Help develop requirements and specifications with business and development teams
• Communicate insights to key stakeholders
- Dive deep to solve unstructured/ambiguous problems including discovering unknown issues that can influence the product and policy road map
Bachelor's degree required (majors in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field strongly preferred)
• 2+ years of relevant experience in data analysis, report building, research or similar work
• Advanced proficiency with Excel, Access, SQL, and Perl or other scripting languages
• Experience supporting small to medium sized projects involving complex data sets and high variability
• Strong critical and analytical thinking; ability to solve complex and ambiguous problems
• Self-driven, ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
• Experience in e-commerce environment; related experience in customer protection/trust/safety will be an added plus.
• Working knowledge of statistical methodologies
• Familiarity with Oracle business intelligence tools is a plus
Back to top