Business Analyst, PM
Amazon is seeking an experienced candidate to identify, create, develop and integrate innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in our transportation network. This position will lead the development and execution of new worldwide transportation initiatives designed to improve overall efficiency and meet the ever-growing demand for transportation capacity. The successful candidate will have strong data mining and modeling skills and is comfortable facilitating ideation and working from concept through to execution.
To be successful in this role candidates must:
- Have strong Math, Logic and Problem Solving Skills
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving, task prioritization, follow-up, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment with little guidance or supervision
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect data and perform advanced modeling and statistical analysis
- Model, evaluate and implement opportunities in a complex transportation network
- Map, document and recommend process improvements
- Assist in communications with internal and external customers to understand business requirements
- Determine efficient utilization of resources
- Actively engage with internal partners throughout the organization to meet and exceed customer service levels & transport-related KPI's.
- Research and implement cost reduction opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Transportation, Engineering, Business Administration, Math, Finance
- 2+ years of experience working in Advanced Excel
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL
- Experience preparing, reporting and interpreting large sets of data with accompanying business recommendations
- Experience in modeling and analyzing complex logistics networks
- Demonstrated evidence of reducing transportation, labor and inventory costs through application of logistics and supply chain optimization methodologies.
- Experience communicating across all levels of management, peers, and clients
- Experience using route and load optimization tools as well as transportation management systems
- Experience in operation research model design
- Advanced degree in Logistics or Transportation
- Analyst/Project Management experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top