Business Analyst, PM
Amazon is seeking an experienced candidate to identify, create, develop and integrate innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in our transportation network. This position will lead the development and execution of new worldwide transportation initiatives designed to improve overall efficiency and meet the ever-growing demand for transportation capacity. The successful candidate will have strong data mining and modeling skills and is comfortable facilitating ideas and working from concept through to execution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect data and perform advanced modeling and statistical analysis
- Model, evaluate and implement opportunities in a complex transportation network
- Map, document and recommend process improvements
- Assist in communications with internal and external customers to understand business requirements
- Support business development and help to create efficient designs and solution processes
- Determine efficient utilization of resources
- Actively engage with internal partners throughout the organization to meet and exceed customer service levels & transport-related KPI's.
- Research and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Excellent problem-solving, task prioritization, follow-up, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment with little guidance or supervision
- Ability to manage through conflict with a positive, flexible and professional attitude
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Transportation, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Math, Finance or related industry experience
- Proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in SQL/Sequel
- Proficiency in Data Modeling
- Experience in modeling and analyzing complex logistics networks
- Advanced SQL skills
- Demonstrated evidence of reducing transportation, labor and inventory costs through application of logistics and supply chain optimization methodologies.
- Experience communicating across all levels of management, peers, and clients
- Experience using route and load optimization tools as well as transportation management systems
- Advanced degree in Logistics or Transportation
- Analyst/Project Management experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top