Have you ever thought about what it takes to be called the #1 most trusted company for customers? What would you do to create a trusted marketplace where millions of buyers can shop and have a perfect order experience?
Amazon's Perfect Order Experience team works to ensure that Customers can buy with confidence on Amazon.com. To this end, we (1) Build technology innovations and intelligence, and (2) Design and implement policies, and tools, which help us detect and enforce on bad actors, thereby ensuring Customer trust. We are looking for a Business Analyst with a passion for using data to discover and solve real world problems. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, have access to cutting-edge technology, and will see your insights protect customers in near-real-time, while also working to improve the experience we provide Sellers.
The perfect candidate will have a passion for analyzing data and using that analysis to drive key insights and recommendations. As a business analyst you will also build reports and metrics, drive ad-hoc analysis and communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will not only execute on the required skills but also be able to influence, educate, and drive results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
Key responsibilities include:
• Build and maintain recurring metrics and reports
• Complete ad hoc data retrieval and analysis using relational databases, Excel and other data management systems
• Monitor existing metrics, develop and propose new metrics, and identify new, actionable risk signals
• Design and implement reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions
• Support cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of projects and initiatives
• Help develop requirements and specifications with business and development teams
• Effectively communicate insights to key stakeholders through both written and verbal communication
• Bachelor's degree (majors in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field strongly preferred)
• 3+ years of relevant experience in data analysis, report building, research, or similar work
• Experience with Excel, Access, SQL, and Perl or other scripting languages
• Experience supporting small to medium sized projects involving complex data sets and high variability
• Experience visualizing data for customers using Tableau and/or other data visualization tools • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to communicate across business areas • Proven ability to multitask and balance competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment • Working knowledge of statistical methodologies • Familiarity with Oracle business intelligence tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.