Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
The RBS group in an integral part of the Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team's goal is to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information.
About the Role:
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible to perform input, output and Downstream Impact (DSI) metrics correlation study, identify opportunities to improve the correlation, and drive them to closure. The role requires you to work closely with senior leadership and other internal/external stakeholders, helping them make data-driven decisions, size up problems through various analysis, convert problem statements into process improvement activities & achieve closure. The individual will interact with the business, and other stakeholders, to help drive operation, deploy tools & technics and system improvements. The successful candidate should have the ability to work at all levels with an eye for detail to achieve goals, actively seeks to understand Amazon's core values and translates those into everyday practices.
Key Performance Areas
- Own the Business Impact Analysis goal for RBS
- Dive deep and understand different upstream/downstream systems & processes that lead to defects
-Translates basic business problem statements into analysis/automation requirements based on dive deep and understanding of the program
- Eliminate defects through upstream process or automation fixes by working with internal / external stakeholders
- Use data analysis to identify gaps, structure initiatives, recommend solutions and drive consensus on strategic inter-function business decisions
- Own the outcome, present updates and communicate milestones in a structured manner with customers/Business partners
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or a related field
• 5+ years of professional experience in analytics, or comparable business analytics position
• Advanced working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel
• Working knowledge of R/ Python or other analytics platforms
• Advanced skill to use visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Micro Strategy and Quicksight
• Advanced skill to apply statistical and quantitative techniques (e.g., random sampling, multiple regression, factor analysis, analysis of variances, and discriminate analysis)
• Awareness of Machine Learning
• Demonstrated experience in preparing and executing presentations of technical and business level data
• Proven problem solving skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
• Understanding of customer experience, listening to customers' voice and work backwards to improve business process and operations
• 4+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role
• Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concept and building new DW tables