Business Analyst II
- Chennai, India
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Are you passionate about solving business challenges at a global scale? Amazon Employee Services is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join our team and help unlock insights which take our business to the next level. The ideal candidate will be excited about understanding and implementing new and repeatable processes to improve our employee global work authorization experiences. They will do this by partnering with key stakeholders to be curious and comfortable digging deep into the business challenges to understand and identify insights that will enable us to figure out standards to improve our ability to globally scale this program. They will be comfortable delivering/presenting these recommended solutions by retrieving and integrating artifacts in a format that is immediately useful to improve the business decision-making process. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as an outstanding business acumen. The ideal candidate knows and loves our customers (internal and external) and will work back from the customer to create structured processes for global expansions of work authorization, and help integrate new countries/new acquisitions into the existing program. They are experts in partnering and earning trust with operations/business leaders to drive these key business decisions.
• Own the development and maintenance of new and existing artifacts focused on analysis of requirements, metrics, and reporting dashboards.
• Partner with operations/business teams to consult, develop and implement KPI's, automated reporting/process solutions, and process improvements to meet business needs.
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
• Prepare and deliver business requirements reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks.
• Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions.
• Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our business needs.
• Excellent writing skills, to create artifacts easily digestible by business and tech partners.
• Work with the Softlines Private Brands (SPB) Catalog Excellence team to capture new requirements to expand functionalities of the 'Watson' tool to operationalize the SPB catalog defects remediation process run by RBS consuming the output data from 'Sherlock'.
• Identify and deliver continuous improvements to the 'Watson' tool to:
• generate accurate data to correct catalog defects across EU, US and JP. (and new additional marketplaces when launched);
• simplify and automate operations for RBS to remove repetitive and non-value-added operations;
• establish a clear and simple tool and workflow for the SPB product owners (Business Managers and Product Developers) to provide their contributions to remediate catalog defects.
• Provide continuous training on new and established functionalities and ongoing support to the RBS team owning the SPB catalog defects remediation process.
• Provide continuous KTLO for the new and established functionalities built in the 'Watson' tool including training and ongoing support to the RBS team owning the SPB catalog defects remediation process to drive adoption and remove roadblocks during daily operations.
• Partner with the SPB Catalog Excellence and the RBS Sherlock SDEs team to pass the requirements to build a new long-term solution to automate the end-to-end defects remediation workflow and deprecate the excel-based 'Watson' tool.
• 'Watson' tool represents the foundation of the defects remediation process which enables to convert the output from the 'Sherlock' platform into actionable steps.
• The tool is pivotal to ensure that all corrections in catalog are made following the expected configurations to ensure corrections are made one-off. It automates the creation of corrections templates to remove the need of additional touch points that can result in data corruptions.
• 'Watson' enable the defect remediation process to operate across global marketplaces to ensure that corrections are made only in the source marketplace and the valid values for the target marketplaces automatically derived using the pre-defined configuration tables.
• This role gives an unique opportunity to work on a global highly visible and strategic catalog excellence program for SPB and to partner with all the stakeholders involved in the process (business team, product owners, RBS Sherlock team, SDEs to drive automation)
• BA/BS in Business, Computer Science, Finance or related field
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
• 3+ years of experienced developing requirements and creating requirements documents and process flows
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
• Highly proficiency in MS-Excel and VBA coding, Python
• Advanced knowledge of MySQL
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
• Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
• Advanced ability to draw insights from analysis supported by data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
Back to top