Business Analyst I
- United States
Do you want to be part of the team that ensures Amazon keeps its "Cx" promise across millions of customers worldwide? Does the challenge of driving decisions in a dynamic environment excite you? Do you love solving complex business problems? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Are you a passionate self-starter? If the answer to the above questions is a resounding "YES", read on!
RBS Concessions Reduction team is seeking people with passion of solving complex business problem through analytical platform.
- You eye to uncover trends to go beyond the obvious, identify the "whys"
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity, asking questions and taking up challenges
- You deal with multiple teams; understand newer areas of business with ease
- You are comfortable owning multiple projects and driving them to closure
- You are technically sound in finding and wrangling data you need to bring out the insight
- You are comfortable presenting and reporting them effectively to Leaders of Amazon!
This person will own the production and delivery of a suite of standard reports, tools regularly used by the organization to make key business decisions. This will involve:
1. Creating, supporting and continuously improving reports and metrics that support the business operations
2. Converting data into digestible business intelligence and actionable information using tools like Quicksight/Tableau
3. Shaping and delivering key metrics, reports, and indicators by which our business will assess its performance
4. Diving deep into large data sets to answer specific business questions using Excel, SQL and other data manipulation languages
5. Working directly with business teams to utilize metrics and analysis to determine improvement opportunities
Tools used include:
1. SQL (Oracle and Redshift)
2. Excel Advanced VBA
4. Report scheduling tools (internal)
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and driven to provide insightful and timely information to customers. The candidate should have strong communication skills and ability to prioritize effectively to ensure timelines are met. There is always room to make things better so this candidate should also have the ability to invent and simplify. Lastly, the candidate should have an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
• Creating complex SQL Queries joining multiple datasets and ETL DW concepts
• Strong Analytical skills - has ability to ask right questions, analyze data, draws conclusion by making appropriate assumptions
• Experience with reporting & like Data Visualization tools such as Quick Sight / Tableau / Power BI or other BI packages
• Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data.
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment
• Solid communication skills and team player
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload
• Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics
• Experience using very large datasets
• 3+ years prior experience in a BI role with a technology company or financial institution
• 3+ years' experience in Creating complex Excel VBA macros
• Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g., Python, Perl, Ruby)
• Using Python for data analysis, statistical tools such as Minitab
Back to top