Amazon's Risk and Compliance Services (RCS) mission is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place worldwide to transact online, either by identifying and reporting bad actors or mitigating risk and adhering to compliance laws and regulations according to market-specific, regional, or global direction. Amazon runs one of the most dynamic online platforms, encompassing dozens of global products with compliance requirements, including, Amazon Marketplace with over 2 million sellers worldwide selling hundreds of millions of items in eleven countries, Amazon Pay and MTurk.
RCS designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimise risk and maximise trust across Amazon's global product surface area, by ensuring every transaction and entity is compliant.
We are looking for a highly analytical and result-oriented Business Analyst who can analyse business decisions, troubleshoot issues, and communicate the findings effectively across different teams while raising the technical bar of the globally distributed analytics team, providing data wrangling expertise, deep understanding of data fundamentals, working with and synthesising very large datasets.
We utilise multiple externally and internally (AWS and other) developed cutting-edge data platforms, including real-time and close to real-time platforms, to help create signal out of the mountains of data.
• Organisation skills demonstrated ability to work independently to make complex investigations, has self-discipline, is diligent and can manage time appropriately.
• Communication skills ability to communicate (written and spoken) in English. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical problems in simple plain stories
• Automation of manual data processes, including data quality and validation
• Reporting using widely available reporting tools, for instance Quicksight or Tableau
• Ability to translate ambiguous work-streams in to tangible requirements, and success metrics, including ability to build metrics and metrics decks.
• Ability to earn trust among widely differing stakeholders of different roles, responsibilities, geographical location, and, culture.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar analytical field.
• Experience in working with databases and SQL in a business environment ((redshift, postgresql, oracle, Mysql)
• Good professional experience with enterprise reporting platforms, e.g. Quicksight/Tableau/PowerBI
• Familiarity with optimization, planning and logistics concepts gained through work experience or education.
• Deep understanding of data warehousing concepts
• Prior experience in design and execution of analytical projects
• Ability to work independently whilst aligned with team work-streams
• Outstanding writing and reading comprehension skills.
• Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture and influence others.
• Deep professional experience expertise with SQL, DMBS (redshift, postgresql, oracle, mssql)
• Experience with visualization technologies such as Quicksight or Tableau
• Experience working in a matrix-like environment with global colleagues, particularly India, Western Europe and USA
• Ability to apply analytical, computer, statistical and quantitative problem solving skills is required