Business Analyst - I
- Chennai, India
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer- centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
The RBS group in Chennai is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team's primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
Amazon is seeking an exceptional Business Analayst to join the team. The person in this position will play a key role in supporting our Defect Elimination Organization .
This person will own the production and delivery of a suite of standard reports, tools regularly used by the organization to make key business decisions. This will involve:
1. Creating, supporting and continuously improving reports and metrics that support the business operations
2.Converting data into digestible business intelligence and actionable information using tools like Quicksight/Tableau
3.Shaping and delivering key metrics, reports, and indicators by which our business will assess its performance
4. Diving deep into large data sets to answer specific business questions using Excel, SQL and other data manipulation languages
5.Working directly with business teams to utilize metrics and analysis to determine improvement opportunities
Tools used include:
1. SQL (Oracle and Redshift)
2. Excel Advanced VBA
4. Report scheduling tools (internal)
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and driven to provide insightful and timely information to customers. The candidate should have strong communication skills and ability to prioritize effectively to ensure timelines are met. There is always room to make things better so this candidate should also have the ability to invent and simplify. Lastly, the candidate should have an ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
The position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and high paced environment, supporting a global organization and offers significant opportunities for rapid growth.
• 3+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/BI space
• Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
• Experience with SQL
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
• Experience with reporting tools like Tableau or other BI packages
• Experience using Excel
• Demonstrated ability in writing and tuning SQL scripts
• Solid communication skills and team player
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload
• Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics
• Experience using very large datasets
• 3+ years prior experience in a BI role with a technology company or financial institution
• Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g., Python, Perl, Ruby)
Back to top