Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent activity among hundreds of millions of eCommerce transactions across the globe? What would you do to increase trust in an online marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers transact? How would you build systems that evolve over time to proactively identify and neutralize new and emerging fraud threats?
Our mission in Transaction Risk Management Services (TRMS) is to make Amazon.com the safest place to transact online. TRMS safeguards every financial transaction across all Amazon sites, while striving to ensure that these efforts are transparent to our legitimate customers. As such, TRMS designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com.
As a Business Analyst in TRMS, you will be responsible for analyzing terabytes of data to identify specific instances of risk, broader risk trends and points of customer friction, developing scalable solutions for prevention. You will work with team members to ensure that the volume being flagged for manual review aligns with available capacity and Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are met. In addition you will be responsible for building a robust set of operational and business metrics and will utilize metrics to determine improvement opportunities.
- Understand the various operations across TRMS
- Understand the requirements of stakeholders and map them with the data sources/data warehouse
- Design and develop highly available dashboards and metrics using SQL and Tableau.
- Provide wing-to-wing project lifecycle execution (project planning, execution, risk assessment and system availability)
- Execute high priority (i.e. cross functional, high impact) projects to improve operations performance with the help of Operations Analytics managers
- Perform business analysis and data queries using SAS/R
- Execute analytical projects and understanding of analytical methods (like ANOVA, Distribution theory, regression, forecasting, Machine Learning Techniques, etc.)
- Develop and oversee the initiation of strategy recommendations
- Use statistical analysis to segment customer behavior and develop targeted solutions to prevent deposit and debit card fraud
- Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or Operational Research
- At least 3 years of experience working in Analytics / Business Intelligence environment
- Experience in working with databases and SQL in a business environment
- Demonstrated use of analytical packages and query languages such as SAS,SPSS and SQL
- Prior experience in design and execution of analytical projects
- Worked extensively in large scale data bases and data warehouses
- Experience in e-commerce / on-line companies in fraud / risk control functions
- Exposure to software development process
- Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture and influence others
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. The role will require the ability to extract data from various sources and to design/construct/execute complex analyses to finally come up with data/reports that help solve the business problem
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills combined with the ability to lead group discussions and explaining complex solutions
- Ability to apply analytical, computer, statistical and quantitative problem solving skills is required
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume environment
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top