Amazon offers a collection of revolutionary devices and the device business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing at Amazon. Our lineup includes Echo devices, Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV, and more. We pride ourselves in being able to provide customers a fully-integrated service with easy access to millions of movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps and games. The Business Analyst will to help revolutionize how we sell to and serve customers as part of the Kindle Offline Retail team.
The Business Analyst will have a passion for making data-driven decisions and insights. Successful attributes include the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences, the capacity to remain flexible, adept at learning new tools and the facility to implement new systems within a team atmosphere. Our environment is dynamic and fast-paced, therefore, it requires detail-oriented individuals who are comfortable interacting or working with multiple teams (business and technical). This is a hands-on role. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter willing to "roll up the sleeves," think and move fast, dive deep and get things done.
- Plan and drive business intelligence reporting for the field sales team and provide weekly reports on key performance indicators and/or large ongoing projects (e.g. call reports to measure compliance on displays, demos, etc.)
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as Channel Marketing, Account Management, etc. to help build reports around their business needs
- Monitor existing metrics, develop and propose new metrics and work across the organization to make actionable intelligence available to business stakeholders.
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format for the end user to evaluate program effectiveness, adoption and opportunities for improvement
- Provide recommendations from analysis of large data sets that result in insightful reporting that drives our business
- Be able to communicate complex, analytical insights and business implications effectively (verbal and written)
- Actively manage timelines and deliverables of multiple projects simultaneously and effectively communicate status
- Complete ownership of integral business platforms (e.g. call reporting system)
- Assist in managing outside 3rd party vendors and accounts
- Ad-hoc project work supporting the re-invention of how we manage our business
- Bachelor's degree in finance or marketing
- 2+ years professional experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role
- 2+ years of direct responsibility launching and managing enablement programs, account management and/or program/project management
- Has experience editing and presenting data as well as accuracy and attention to detail
- Has experience translating broad visions and ambiguous concepts into structured plans and measureable metrics then execute on those plans
- Experience working independently
- 3+ years of direct responsibility launching and managing a portfolio/roadmap of multiple, simultaneous marketing/sales campaigns, reporting platforms and/or enablement programs in a Business to Business/Business to Corporate environment
- 3+ years of professional experience in business intelligence or data analysis
- Creative in finding new solutions/designing innovative methods, systems and processes
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to get things done
- Experience with Tableau, Qlik, or other BI visualization platforms is a plus
- Proficient working knowledge of data mining using SQL, ETL, data warehouse as well as Excel a plus
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top