As a Business Analyst at Amazon, you will operate at the crossroads of multiple complex Amazon systems, getting global visibility of how Amazon moves inventory across out network and serves our customers. You will enable the creation of products that drive ever-greater automation, scalability and optimization of every aspect of transportation, removing cost and delivering speed of execution for our customers. The impact of your work will be global, material and remarkable. The successful candidate will be voraciously curious about Amazon's transportation operations and how data consumed and produced by our systems can be used to improve outcomes and lower costs. Your responsibility is to expose and measure the current performance of our systems, find and quantify opportunities for improvement, and dive deep into existing algorithms to explain unexpected performance. We are looking innovators to be a sophisticated user of data querying tools, and an expert at synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
As a member of this collaborative team, you will have an opportunity to make an impact in Amazon Logistics and work with a group of talented program managers, product managers, research scientists, software developers, and business stakeholders to design the Amazon network of the future.
• Perform complex data research to identify opportunities to reduce fulfillment costs as well as improve efficiencies and customer experience in supporting business decision making
• Design, develop and establish KPIs to provide strategic insights to drive growth and performance
• Systematically identify data source /forecast error and follow through on the resolutions to ensure that future plans are updated with improved business processes
• Ability to perform/own reoccurring and ad-hoc business intelligence projects
• Develop standardized metrics to evaluate and benchmark pertaining to short and long term network planning and forecasting
• Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, SQL and/or other data management systems) and proven capability to dive deep and utilize known research and problem solving techniques
• Communicate complex insights to stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
• Bachelor's degree in quantitative field such as mathematics, industrial engineering, statistics, information systems or operations research
• 5+ years of experience
• Advanced knowledge in writing SQL queries and mining databases
• Advanced knowledge in building visualizations in Tableau
• Masters Degree in Analytics, Supply Chain Engineering or related field
• Advanced knowledge in scripting with R and or Python
• Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby)
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to consume and manipulate large data sets to build streamlined research and have the ability to articulate its business impact
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment
• Ability to work in a supportive and diverse team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.