We are seeking a detail-oriented, enthusiastic and determined Business Analyst to join Amazon's Seller Support team. In this role, you are a critical member of an AWESOME team that builds and maintains the data analytic tools that our global network of seller support associates and leadership use to support our Third Party Marketplace Sellers. You will work closely with program managers, TPMs, data engineers, process engineers and senior management to define and build metrics decks that track results and allow us to make data-based product and business decisions that directly impact our global support network. In addition to these core responsibilities, you will also manage and execute analytical projects from start to finish including data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations to senior management.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, an expert with SQL and excel, seek opportunities to inject advanced analytical techniques, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines.
- BS/BA in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis
- Expertise in SQL and Excel
- Sound understanding of statistics and its application within a business
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate key insights from complex analyses into actionable business insights
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Economics or related field (or equivalent experience in the work field)
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills and proven ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Proficiency in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and/or AWS QuickSight
- Knowledge of AWS Infrastructure including S3, Redshift and RDS
- Experience with predictive modeling
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top