Amazon Web Services (AWS) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry leading cloud computing infrastructure. As part of AWS, the EC2 service is the leading compute service for the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier for developers and our IT customers. AWS customers depend on Amazon EC2 to deploy global scale services and infrastructure.
This business analyst role is specific to the EC2 team and will be focused on creation and analysis of business metrics that cause us to make better decisions on behalf of our EC2 consumers. This role will give the candidate the opportunity to understand a large and quickly growing business, build insightful financial models, apply statistical testing to large data sets, use data to influence others, and then follow-thru and assist with implementation of the identified opportunity.
You will be responsible for building business and pricing models. You will create and track metrics to define the success of the EC2 service and build data-based cases in support of business decisions. The role will provide significant opportunity to get your hands dirty in a wide range of different analytics technologies and deeply understand the growing cloud business. You will be responsible for understanding the health of the service and business, and drive necessary changes as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- +2 years relevant experience
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL and Excel
- Ability build financial models
- Ability to apply basic statistical techniques (i.e. hypothesis testing, control groups).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role.
- Understanding of data warehousing & modeling concepts.
- Strong technical competency and ability to learn new systems on they fly.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top