Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians a confidential and effective way to give feedback on the workplace and help shape the future of the company. By asking employees quick questions every day, Connections leverages real time information to learn more about their experiences and introduce positive changes with internal business partners around the world. Our goal is to help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
As part of a team of worldwide Connections Analysts reporting into a large, matrixed, international business organization (responsible for the Americas region), you will provide leadership teams with key team data insights and manage consistent data flows and data quality among Connection products in partnership with your peers. The successful candidate will work with business teams to develop functional specifications, analyze data, and develop ad-hoc reports and feed insights back to our strategic initiative and regional leadership partners.
- Own the maintenance of ongoing regional program metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques
- Identify and implement optimal communication mechanisms based on the data set and the stakeholders involved
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for secondary datasets
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
- Understand Data Models and continuously develop business metadata and wiki to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Respond to high priority requests and tickets from business customers
- 3+ years of experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics solutions
- Confidence in dealing with senior level staff and ability to communicate in a crisp, concise and professional manner
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities in a highly matrixed environment
- Comfortably and skillfully flex among various tools according to the problem and data
- History of building strong collaborative relationships and influencing peers and senior stakeholders with data, research and compelling narrative content; able to present and clearly communicate complex data, analyses, and findings to non-experts
- Ability to handle responsibilities independently, while exercising good judgment in problem solving and keeping team members adequately informed
- Ability to understand the data and handle data quality issues and respond to customer queries
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion, including working with encrypted files
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics, Business, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline
- Advanced proficiency with SQL
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (e.g., complex statements, VBA, conditional formatting)
- Master's degree or MBA
- 5+ years' experience in a fast-paced environment. Exposure to 2+ years Analytics and Process Improvement related initiatives
- 2- 3 years of Project Management experience with experience in scoping, leading and delivering moderately complex projects
- Basic statistical tests including (but not limited to), t-tests, chi-square, and regression
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (e.g., complex statements, VBA, conditional formatting); statistical/data modeling software packages (e.g. R, SPSS, Oracle SQL)
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, Datanet etc.)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top