- Boston, MA
Overview: Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon runs one of the most dynamic online platforms, encompassing dozens of global products with compliance requirements, including, Amazon Marketplace with over 2 million sellers worldwide selling hundreds of millions of items in eleven countries, Amazon Pay and MTurk.
The Registration & Compliance Operations (RCO) organization is responsible for making Amazon the safest and most trusted place on Earth by protecting the innocent and deterring the 'ill-intentioned'. Protecting the interests of the end users is our top priority, balancing being compliant and giving a great customer experience. Our team achieves this objective through a combination of automated and manual investigations of the seller transactions on our marketplace.
We are looking for a highly analytical and result-oriented Business Analyst who can analyze business decisions, troubleshoot issues, and communicate the findings effectively across different teams while raising the technical bar of the globally distributed analytics team, providing data wrangling expertise, deep understanding of data fundamentals, working with and synthesizing very large datasets.
We utilize multiple externally and internally (AWS and other) developed cutting-edge data platforms, including real-time and close to real-time platforms, to help create signal out of the mountains of data.
• Build and curation of relevant datasets, including potentially normalised schemas using SQL and DDL, which are understandable by colleagues and data customers.
• Automation of manual data processes, including data quality and validation
• Reporting using widely available reporting tools, for instance Quicksight or Tableau
• Ability to translate ambiguous work-streams in to tangible requirements, and success metrics, including ability to build metrics and metrics decks.
• Ability to earn trust among widely differing stakeholders of different roles, responsibilities, geographical location, and, culture.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar analytical field.
• Significant provable professional experience expertise with SQL, DMBS (redshift, postgresql, oracle, Mysql)
• Good professional experience with enterprise reporting platforms, e.g. Quicksight/Tableau
• Demonstrable experience curating datasets for users
• Deep understanding of data warehousing concepts
• Wide professional experience analytics/engineering role.
• Ability to work independently whilst aligned with team work-streams
• Outstanding writing and reading comprehension skills.
• Deep professional experience expertise with SQL, DMBS (redshift, postgresql, oracle, mssql)
• Deep professional experience with enterprise reporting platforms, e.g. Quicksight/Tableau
• Experience working in a matrix-environment with global colleagues, particularly India and USA
Back to top