- Berlin, Germany
The Amazon Kindle Fraud and Abuse prevention team is looking for an experienced individual to help drive business results through data. As a senior Business Analyst, you will uphold customer trust by building robust technical and analytical solutions to help us prevent fraud.
Our team works to protect Kindle readers and authors, as well as other Amazon services. We are constantly working to predict and prevent future issues so that our customers can have the best experience. We use sophisticated Machine Learning (ML) methods to detect and mitigate fraud as it is attempted. We build solutions that scale and work for the long term. We hold high standards for our computer systems and the services we deliver to our customers: our systems are highly secure, highly reliable, highly available, all while functioning at scale.
As a Sr. BA you will be in the forefront of creating fraud prevention intelligence. You will analyze large volumes of data and convert them into actionable insights for fraud mitigation,propose solutions to address ambiguous problems, and enable others to consume this intelligence. You will propose and define metrics for business reporting and product/process performance monitoring.
You will provide thought leadership and business analysis support as needed. The successful candidate will demonstrate business acumen, experience in developing reporting and analytical infrastructures and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams in a fast paced environment. You should have excellent business and communication skills to collaborate with business owners to draw insights from data to answer questions to key business questions.
• Create and own business metrics and KPIs to monitor business health
• Identify emerging fraud vectors that can significantly impact customer trust or business
• Carry our analysis to inform fraud impact and propose mitigation
• Own and develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc recurring, troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting by leveraging SQL, Redshift, Quicksight, and Tableau skillsets
• Design and drive experiments to form actionable recommendations. Present to business leaders and drive decisions.
• Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field
• 3+ years relevant experience in a business intelligence related role, including data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization tools, techniques and/or technology
• Experience gathering business requirements, using business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics, & build reports
• Experience with SQL query development and data visualization
• Master's degree in Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
• Experience in AWS data services such as AWS Redshift, EMR, EDX, Andes, etc
• Practice software engineering best practices across the development life cycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Prior experience with forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and/or data mining
• 3+ years relevant experience
• Ability to work cross-functionally, be detail oriented ,build and maintain trust with internal stakeholders in a fast and Agile development environment
• Have basic understanding of programming languages such as Python, Ruby , Java
• Experience in working with Graph databases
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top