Business Analyst - Amazon Marketplace
Over 2 million sellers in 11 countries (and growing) list their products for sale on Amazon Marketplace. Sellers are a critical part of Amazon's ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the earth's largest selection and lowest prices. These Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique SKUs, providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics, Apparel, Consumables and beyond.
Our Marketplace team is made up of people like you. People who are: Entrepreneurial – We build solutions for Buyers and Sellers, regardless of size. In fact, many of us are Sellers ourselves. Innovative – Our problem space evolves every day due to scale, new categories and new geographies. There is no playbook for a Marketplace of this size, so innovation and creativity are a must. Passionate – We are passionate about our customers, both Sellers and Buyers. Everyone's an owner at Amazon, and our team is no exception. Our business is growing fast and the pace is even faster. We invest in our team members, providing challenging roles with significant responsibility. Coaching and mentoring is taken seriously to ensure we continue to build a company we can be extremely proud of.
We are seeking a Business Analyst with outstanding analytical and modeling abilities, excellent communication skills, good business understanding, and technically savvy. The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about investigating business inputs/outputs, can multi-task, and can work on time sensitive projects.
Key responsibilities for this individual include:
- Managing our ever growing information needs and support analysis of complex business questions
- Building and maintaining analytics solutions that are used for daily/weekly reporting and drive business decisions while dealing efficiently with the massive scale of data available through our Data Warehouse
- Designing and implementing solutions using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports and dashboards, and administering the platform software
- Supporting high-visibility ad-hoc/project-based analyses on various Marketplace businesses and tools
- Enabling effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision.
- A fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances and behaviors of Amazon's varied system architecture
- An effective communicator who is able to adapt their communication style to different audiences
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced technology-based environment
- BS degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or a similar quantitative field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in business analytics or a comparable consumer analytics position with an advanced knowledge of SQL, including ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments, and data structures
- 2+ years of experience with an enterprise class BI tool like Micro Strategy, Business Objects, Tableau, Oracle Business Intelligence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- MBA or Master's degree in quantitative field
- Experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top