- London, United Kingdom
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global e-commerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses, including retail, third party marketplaces, e-commerce platforms, web services for developers. Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen and comfort with teams and systems. Candidate should have a strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
• Create models that optimize the resources, inputs & outputs of risk operations business.
• Reporting of key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines.
• Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
• Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of the business.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools. Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon's core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, or related discipline 3+ years of relevant work experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role • Advanced SQL skills, fluent in R and/or Python, advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and other analytical platforms • Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, QlikView • Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner • Develop and administer goal setting, quota setting, team KPI's, and scorecards • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The preferred potential candidate would possess experience in R and Excel - VBA.
Back to top