Amazon delights millions of customers around the world. Meet the behind-the-scenes team that enables our Human Resource and Operations Leaders to make informed decisions. The Amazon PeopleInsight team builds reporting and analytics tools for our teams that fulfill customer promise every day. Whether it is our Fulfillment Center team delivering your Prime order in two days, our Amazon Locker team helping you pick up your package anytime that is convenient for you, our Prime Now team getting you lunch in under an hour, or one of many more, the PeopleInsight group is there providing people metrics along the employee lifecycle. In addition to standard reporting, we leverage big data to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage their associates.
We are now recruiting for an exceptional Business Analyst.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Well-Rounded Athlete –Like a true athlete, you understand that we succeed or fail as a team. You are always ready to step up beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and your team. You nimbly overcome barriers to deliver the best products more quickly than expected.
- A Skilled Communicator – You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are chatting, sending a written message, or conducting a presentation.
- A Trusted Advisor – You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- An Inventor at Heart – You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to challenges they had not yet identified.
- Fearless – You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, and battle skepticism. You never settle in the face of overwhelming obstacles.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's degree in BI, Finance, HRIT, or related field required
- 2+ years of experience as a business analyst, data analyst or similar job function
- 2+ years of experience in program and project management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with business owners to define key business data requirements
- Ability to produce high quality graphical and analytical reporting outputs
. Experience with Excel and BI Reporting tools (MSTR, Tableau, OBIEE) with advanced working knowledge of data mining (SQL, Python, ETL, data warehouse)
- Master's degree in a related field
- Experience supporting small to medium sized projects involving complex data sets and high variability
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of best practice analysis, programming, and visualization techniques.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top