Does the challenge and ownership that comes from providing data-driven support to the People Tech team for Amazon candidates, employees and alum excite you? Do you enjoy solving complex problems and delivering innovative solutions with a customer-first approach?
The People Tech Product Experience organization is looking for an analytical and inventive Business Analyst to drive product excellence by improving the union of technology and business analytics. In this role you will work with the Product Management team for BI and Analytics. Building on your strong analytical skills you will support the team with regular production of requirements-driven metrics and analytics that are meaningful and scalable. You will ensure that our metrics and analytics are produced and are aligned to the strategic goals of the organization and business owners.
Successful candidates will have experience in management, people problem solving and strong analytical capabilities with the ability to influence with data-driven recommendations, and excellent problem solving abilities. This skilled Business Analyst will have the right mix of business and people skills to observe current processes, gather reporting and analysis requirements, and improvements to the status quo. They will partner with the customer leads, product owners, and other analysts to examine and rationalize business needs, define standards and practices and deliver new reporting or infrastructure capabilities that align with improved and scalable technology solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Determine & maintain representative community sample groups of key stakeholders
- Gather As-Is process and metrics utilization
- Work with stakeholders to define best output based on expressed stakeholder needs
- With product management and business owners provide gap-improvement recommendations
- Creation of new data-models that drive strategic decisions or process improvements
- Support projects by identifying business requirements and coordinating with technical and product management teams
- Maintain existing reporting stacks (Monthly Business Reports, Global Lists, Department Reports, etc.)
- Help identify and drive improvements in automation/metrics
- Perform in-depth analysis in identifying the root cause of key business issues
- Build and maintain strong partnerships across recruiting and the business
- Write narratives and business justification of reports and analysis to influence stakeholders and drive decisions
- Provide visual and easy to consume results of analyses in the form of graphs, charts, tables, and scorecards
University Degree BS/BA in Comp Sci, Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Business, or related field.
Minimum 1 year relevant experience
Experience in a previous BI role
Experience in requirements gathering
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
Experience with Tableau, MicroStrategy or OBIEE
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top