Amazon's Perfect Order Experience team works to ensure that buyers receive authentic products in the condition and with the functionality they are expecting. We design and implement policies, tools, and technology innovations to protect the buying experience on Amazon. Our greatest challenge is protecting Buyer trust without unjustly harming good selling partners. To strike the right balance, we invest in mechanisms which allow us to accurately identify and mitigate risk, and to quickly correct and learn from our mistakes. This strategy includes continuously evolving enforcement policies, iterating our Machine Learning risk models, and exercising highjudgement decisionmaking where we cannot apply automation.
Our team is looking for a Business Analyst to accurately identify gaps and mitigate risks observed in our current mechanisms from a data perspective, to identify new risk factors, to automate root causation, and offer tools that allow self-service deep-dives. You will build matrix expertise: you will understand the ins and outs of the different categories of products and combine it to your knowledge of potential defects. You will excel in navigating between data and their business signification.
In this role, you will apply your analytical skills to bust myths, create insights, and produce recommendations to help the Risk Managers on the team products to mitigate fraudulent activity in our marketplaces.
You will be working with historic information and using real-time data to provide solutions to build defect root causation for North American Network. You will also be expected to continuously learn new systems, tools to analyze data and enhance our analytics. All of this work is performed in close coordination with risk managers and business.
An ideal candidate will have the ability to:
• Assist in the design and development of highly available dashboards and metrics using appropriate software and programming solutions
• Partner with other analysts and engineers to build analytical solutions to deliver on business goals
• Propose and implement new business metrics for senior management reviews and work with the data engineer to design and develop data infrastructure to support these metrics for business growth.
• Perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of key parameters over a given time-period
• Use statistical analysis to segment issues across various initiatives and work with those teams to determine a plan of action to address those issues
• Manage multiple competing priorities
• Prioritize in an ambiguous environment
• Adept at being a change agent by bringing solutions/ideas to tackle any problem
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Finance or related field
• 2+ years' experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
• Proficiency in SQL and advanced proficiency in Excel (including Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.)
• Basic knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
• 5+ years' experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
• • Master's Degree or Master's in Business Administration (MBA)
• • Advanced SQL proficiency - experience writing complex SQL statements and ability to manipulate a massive amount of data, creating dashboards/on demand reports
• 2+ years of experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
• 2+ years of experience with a modern programming language (e.g. Python)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.