- Seattle, WA
Amazon India is seeking highly analytical and detail oriented candidate to join MBO Analytics team in Hyderabad. As part of the MBO team, you will work with product, technology and operations teams to drive complex data and trend analyses to root cause issues and propose ways to improve marketplace platform and tools, thereby contributing to improved Seller and Buyer experience on Amazon. You will also be responsible for benchmarking and measuring the performance of various business operations projects, building and publishing detailed scorecards and reports, identifying and driving new opportunities based on customer and business data.
An ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about discovering and solving complicated problems, learning complex systems, working with numbers, and organizing and communicating data and reports. You will also be passionate about helping the team make great decisions based on data, possess exceptional skills in project management and data reporting, and be interested in e-commerce industry. You will be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities. As a business analyst you will also build reports and metrics, drive ad hoc analysis and communicate insights to key stakeholders. You will not only execute on the required skills but also be able to influence, educate, and drive results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
Candidates must be successful both as individual contributors and in a team environment, and must be obsessed with serving the customer. Our environment is fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in a deadline-driven work environment.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a passion for using data to discover and solve real world problems. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights drive the creation of real tools and features for our customers and thousands of merchants participating in our Marketplace on a regular basis.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of policies, processes and tools to address product quality challenges in collaboration with teams across Amazon. This is an opportunity that requires a critical thinker with strong organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills. At the core of the position is passion for protecting Amazon's reputation and the customer experience and trust.
Key responsibilities include:
• Build and maintain recurring metrics and reports.
• Complete ad hoc data retrieval and analysis using relational databases, Excel and other data management systems.
• Design and implement reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
• Monitor existing metrics as well as develop and propose new metrics, working across the Product Quality organization to make actionable intelligence available to business stakeholders.
• Support cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of projects and initiatives.
• Help develop requirements and specifications with business and development teams
• Communicate insights to key stakeholders
. Dive deep to solve unstructured/ambiguous problems including discovering unknown issues that can influence the product and policy road map
• Strong Analytical skills - has ability to ask right questions, analyze data, draws conclusion by making appropriate assumptions
• Organization skills - demonstrated ability to work independently to make complex investigations
• Communication skills - ability to communicate (written and spoken) in English
• Ability to communicate complex technical problems in simple plain stories
• Ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data
• Work effectively & independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• Ability to engage with cross-functional teams for implementation of project/program requirements
• Outstanding attention to detail; Exceptional problem solving skills
• Experience in modeling complex business scenarios
• Proficiency in SQL and Advanced Excel (Array and Statistical formulas)
• Knowledge of BI & statistical tools such as SAS, PowerBI, SQL & ETL DW concepts
• Understanding of visualization tools such as Tableau, Datazen, SSRS is a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
• Understanding of Python and ML modelling
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with business teams and programs to identify, define and document business intelligence (BI) and analytical reporting need
• Act as a liaison between program managers, technical analysts and functional experts to analyze and design key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure process performance
• Consolidate information into cohesive and insightful analytical reports for use in decision-making. Design and generate high quality and impactful BI reports that drive value and process efficiency
• Mine DW / BI platforms to fetch raw data and analyze it to prepare insightful statistical reports
• Automate the report generation process though use of BI tools and programming techniques: such as SQL, SAS, DW concepts & advanced Excel
• Deploy visualization tools and techniques such as Tableau and QuickSight to build comprehensive dashboards
• Track and documents changes in functional and business specifications so as to accurately identify and measure KPIs
• Write detailed procedures for BI reporting processes and for use in training
• Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through detailed and thorough root cause analysis
• Train / build ML models where applicable by working with operations and tech teams
• Participate in studies of new and existing programs and special projects to determine feasibility - thereby resolve problems including organizational, analytical & procedural
• Experience in e-commerce industry
• Experience in business process improvement, Lean/Six Sigma a strong plus.
• MBA/MS/M Tech from elite university preferably Management / Operations Research/statistics
• Strong knowledge of advanced excel, Python & R
Back to top