- Seattle, WA
AWS Finance Technology team is looking for a highly motivated business analyst to work with stakeholders in developing our financial operating system. This position requires a proactive, highly motivated individual with an aptitude for creativity, critical thinking, and modeling. This person will be expected to take ownership and drive positive change.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, is analytical, detail oriented and possesses the ability to work well with cross-functional teams including world-wide AWS, finance, and software development teams. This is a unique and rare opportunity to help shape finance technology, product, and business.
Primary responsibilities for the job include:
• Proactively and independently work with stakeholders to construct use cases and associated standardized outputs.
• Translate complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis requirements.
• Create robust documentation and communication of projects.
• Provide analytical support for AWS Finance and systems teams.
• Develop and deploy metrics to answer key business questions.
• Work closely with senior leadership to understand business challenges, and provide data/analysis for better decision making.
• Communicate complex analysis and insights to senior leaders, both verbally and in writing.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or other business/analytical disciplines or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of relevant professional experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or related
• Strong proficiency in two or more of the following: SQL, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and statistical analysis tools
Master's degree in BI, Finance, HRIT, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or related field required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate across business areas
• Proven experience using a variety of business intelligence reporting tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes, etc.)
• Working knowledge with Redshift & Quicksight
• 4+ years of experience in creating detailed Business Requirement Documentation
• Strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders and systems
• Advanced understanding of best practice analysis, programming and visualization techniques.
• Understanding of the AWS business
• Maintain a high level of attention to detail, the ability to work independently, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top