- Hong Kong
At Amazon.com, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company. To support this vision, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to work hard, have fun, and make history.
Our team strives to make Amazon the best way for Partners to reach customers locally and globally and to operate their businesses, driven by the accurate and efficient support and solutions we provide them. We are looking for a Business Analyst for its Seller Partner Risk Operations Analytics team. The team is being grown to provide insights and provide analytical solutions to help drive operational efficiencies, uncover the hidden risks and trends, reduce investigation errors, improve customer experience and predict & recommend the optimizations for future state.
As a Business Analyst, you will help develop an analytic platform to drive deep dives, provide insights into the health and state of the Operations and measure business impact. You will transform data into actionable business information, and will make it readily accessible to stakeholders worldwide. You will own the design, creation, and management of extremely large datasets.
From Day 1, you will be challenged with a variety of tasks, ranging from server administration to metadata modeling. You will interact with internal program and product owners, and technical teams to gather requirements, structure scalable and perform data solutions, and gain a deep understanding of key datasets. You will design, implement and drive adoption of new analytic technologies and solutions and promote industry standard best practices. You will be responsible to tune query performance against large and complex data sets. You will help translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement.
Roles & Responsibilities
• You live and breathe data. You are data driven and have extensive experience in data analytics, and are passionate about finding root causes, trends, and patterns and how they impact business. You use data to support your ideas, drive actionable outcomes, and provide unique ways to present data and information in an easy to consume format.
• You have extensive experience working with extremely large data sets and are comfortable with various tools and technologies to extract and transform data
• Draw inferences and conclusions, create dashboards and visualizations of processed data, identify trends & anomalies
• You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with product owners to understand key business questions to build reports that enable product owners to answer those questions quickly and accurately
. You are very comfortable juggling competing priorities and handling ambiguity. You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment on highly visible projects and initiatives
• Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or Operational Research
• At least 2 years of relevant experience working in Analytics / Business Intelligence environment
• Experience in working with databases, ETL and SQL in a business environment
• Demonstrated use of analytical packages and query languages such as SAS, R, Python and SQL
• Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Quicksight
. Experience communicating analytical outcomes through written communication to both business and technical teams.
• Experience in e-commerce / on-line companies in fraud / risk control functions
• Coding skills in one of the modern languages such as Python, Scala, R,
• Experience with visualization technologies such as Tableau, OBIEE, AWS QuickSight
• Experience with ETL & Amazon Redshift and other AWS technologies
• Experience in statistical techniques such as classification, clustering, regression, statistical inference, experimental design, feature engineering, etc.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
• Experience working extensively with large scale data bases and data warehouse
Back to top