- Bengaluru, India
Fintech is rapidly growing around the world, creating an increasing demand for data-driven Business Analysts. Amazon Payments' Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC) team is dedicated to utilizing technology to enhance its ability to identify and prevent financial crimes as part of its Anti-Money Laundering (AML) mission in order to more effectively implement regulatory requirements globally.
As a Business Analyst (BA), you will be responsible for the analysis of terabytes of data to identify specific instances of risk, broader risk trends and points of customer friction, developing scalable solutions for prevention within the FCC space. Specifically, you will be responsible for building a robust set of programmatic, business, and risk metrics, and then utilizing those metrics to determine improvement opportunities by working in coordination with team managers for Amazon Payments' teams of investigators located at several sites globally supporting distinct legal entities. The BA will use data tools such as Tableau, SQL, Excel, Quicksight, Python and/or R to analyze large volumes of data, build and maintain queries, and build an effective and efficient approach to technological control implementation. This role will work directly with senior compliance managers, AML investigators, compliance officers, software development, and business intelligence. Ideal candidate must be excited by data-driven decisions, detail-oriented, and able to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
• Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our business and risk needs through visualization. Work products should be specific enough to identify key risk areas to team leads, but should also be scalable into strategic-level documents for quick senior leadership consumption
• Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
• Perform statistical analysis of transactions and behaviors for the purpose of identifying patterns of risk.
• Analyze data using data tools such as Tableau, SQL and/or Excel in order to identify program risks and opportunities.
• Own the development and maintenance of new and existing tools focused on the analysis of risk, metrics, and reporting.
• Partner with business teams and engineering to consult, develop, and implement key risk indicators, models of customer risk, programmatic improvements.
• Prepare and deliver business requirements reviews to the teams of stakeholders regarding progress and roadblocks.
• Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions.
• Perform statistical analysis of transactions and activity for the purpose of validating controls
• Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative discipline (such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Operational Research) or in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or Economics or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
• 3+ years of experienced developing requirements and creating requirements documents and process flows
• 3+ years of SQL writing and visualization experience
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
• Experience in e-commerce, Finance, Banking, Investigations, AML, Sanctions, or Fraud Prevention
• 5+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
• Advanced ability to draw insights from analysis supported by data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required
• Experience with Tableau or other dashboard software in support of operations
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
Back to top