Business Analysis Intern (Product Sourcing)
- Shenzhen, China
Amazon's Global Sourcing team is looking for customer-obsessed interns to lead initiatives that can enable competition and vendor capability landscape understanding and efficiency improvement for product development for our Private Label business. The duration of the internship will be 12 weeks. The intern will work in the Amazon Global Sourcing office in Nanshan, Shenzhen.
The successful candidate will enjoy diving deep into data, identifying insights and developing analysis on a sub-category level or developing data tools for process efficiency improvement. The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly collaborative, analytical, creative, and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must be self-driven and have the analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results. Finally, the candidate must also be a strong communicator, with the ability to communicate concisely and effectively.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN?
- Develop and improve your qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skillset
- Sharpen the business acumen and obtain experience in vendor performance management
- Gain experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Work with a diverse team with professionals from over 10+ different countries
- Boost you resume with real world experience
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Conduct industry deep dives to provide manufacturer landscape overview
- Map top manufacturers using trade data, leverage industry associations, government public data, etc.
- Collaborate with Sourcing Managers to identify selection gaps and opportunities
- Identify and onboard top manufacturers based on business needs
- Graduate in 2022, currently working towards a Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) in Marketing, Economics, Business Management, Finance, or Information Management (or similar field)
- High attention to detail, comfortable with "hands-on" management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Classroom and project experience in research
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Work 4 to 5 days per week for at least 3 months, physically in Shenzhen.
- Prior internship or co-op experience in a similar field
- Proficient in Excel Macro, SQL, VBA, Python, or Tableau
- Major in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business
DELIVERABLES (DEPENDS ON SPECIFIC ROLE)
- Researching on market trends at the category and product level to identify portfolio opportunity
- or Product performance assessment and profitability improvement opportunity identification
- or Visualized metric reporting (e.g. tableau dashboard) for key initiatives, e.g. negotiation progress, vendor performance etc.
Back to top