Amazon Transportation Services is pioneering new products, services, and technologies within our massive transportation network. We are building a platform and capability to ensure that our carrier partners are successful and our customers freight no matter how large or small, is delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels.
Amazon is looking for a Transportation Broker to help grow our portfolio of carrier partners. The Broker will be responsible for presenting to and negotiating with potential carriers. This is a great opportunity to fill a high visibility role in the fastest growing new market in Amazon expansive portfolio. The desire to work in a creative and fast-paced environment that gives you direct input in setting delivery expectations and defining a service of the future is a must.
Responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Lead and maintain the sales program for our brokerage initiative and contribute to Amazon's bottom line.
- Track and report on key compliance metrics across Amazon's Transportation network.
- Build strong working relationships with vendors, suppliers, businesses and internal peers.
- Negotiate with vendors on an ongoing basis to deliver high value resources to our service providers and delivery stations across the Amazon network.
- Supporting ad-hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Create, execute, and grow new business programs by creating internal and external partnerships.
- Engage with internal and external business teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve performance and service.
- Develop, maintain, and review all project/program documentation (including status reports and reviews.
- Critical process owner for on-road execution; introducing standard work, and support key business requirements for our technology roadmap.
- Ability to manage challenging projects - work prioritization and planning
- Manage and execute entire cross-functional projects from start to finish; including data gathering and manipulation and analysis and communication of insights and recommendations.
The ideal candidate has a background in logistics, transportation, business development and/or quality within a cross-functional organization. Experience managing and executing sales programs is a plus. The candidate is as comfortable working on strategy and design, as they are rolling-up their sleeves and working on implementation. They have demonstrated the ability to build customized, innovative logistics solutions, drive process improvement, standardize procedures and negotiate effectively on behalf of our customers.
This job will require strong communication skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure, and often ambiguous, work environment. The position will be based in Atlanta. Passion and drive for customer service is a must.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Relationship building experience.
- Previous sales experience.
- Experience using problem-solving, mathematics and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
- MBA Preferred
- Experience and working knowledge of Lean techniques such as Kaizen or Six Sigma is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top