Brand Strategy Writer
Day 1 Creative is the internal creative agency setting design and brand direction for Amazon's global online retail websites. Our mission is to create beautiful visual designs, communications, on-site graphics, photography, videos, style guides, and user experiences. We are responsible for branding and the creative development of style guides for a wide range of services, features and categories (Books, Movies, Music, Video Games, Electronics, Beauty, and many more) for Amazon websites around the world. We apply strategic insight to delight customers—driving discovery, engagement, and trust. We're growing quickly and hiring the best. This is day one.
The Amazon D1 Brand Team is looking for a wildly-talented and experienced brand strategist with strong written communication skills and the ability to develop brand vision, personality, and tone of voice, from kickoff through execution. This candidate will work alongside design directors and engage directly with our business partners. They will be responsible for developing brand strategy, narratives, strategic content and copy messaging architectures as well as contributing to the creation of robust brand books and brand guidelines. This person must have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership skills, be detail-oriented, capable of conducting thorough research and competitive analysis to support key Amazon brand initiatives. If you're passionate about design, strategy and writing with a strong focus on customer-focused experiences, we are looking for you.
The ideal candidate works fast, can handle several projects, and is able to quickly discern the needs of a brand. You know how to present ideas professionally, and with a passion that delivers through the strategic and creative lens. You've done this before, and have a world-class portfolio that supports this with examples spanning several categories.
At the end of the day, you will work with our team to craft the best idea possible for the job at hand. You're comfortable leading brainstorms, and you can see yourself thriving in a culture where personality is a plus.
- Define a brands purpose, positioning and what they stand for
- Lead workshops with business partners
- Identify industry, product and customer insights
- Use research to inform and write a messaging platform
- Identify a brands key differentiators
- Develop a unique brand narrative and positioning for brands that fulfills the business objectives
- Craft and execute research endeavors to help understand the brands market, competitors, trends, reputation, differentiators, etc.
- Present final deliverables to the client
- Write high level messaging as well as brand guidelines, and strategic brand books
- Conduct brand and customer interviews that will inform the messaging and positioning work
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Communications, or related field is required as well as minimum of 8+ years of experience in Advertising, branding, and/or marketing.
- Experience conducting research and competitive market analysis
- Experience writing for technology companies a plus
- Must be able to synthesize quickly and deliver ideas and concepts in a clear, customer focused way
- Must love solving strategic challenges with creative solutions and bring a unique perspective to the table
- Deep understanding of the design process
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience successfully leading meetings with senior-level marketers/executives
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is energetic, positive and resourceful
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to identify opportunities and turn raw ideas into beautiful and compelling brands for our customers
- Knowledge and experience developing brand architecture, naming, and voice.
- A high degree of understanding for all media channels available to brands, and the desire to find or invent new ones
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top