Amazon.com's long-term vision is to enable a seamless global shopping experience for all Amazon customers worldwide on any Amazon website or device, in any language and for any culture. Our goal is to create software that offers customers a unique shopping experience that is internationalized for their preferences.
Our team is responsible for automating the launch strategy for Amazon's expansion into new countries. We build customer-facing features in a highly distributed environment that directly impacts Amazon's e-commerce revenue in over 150+ countries.
You're looking for a career where you'll be able to build, to deliver, and to impress. You build customer facing features that reach millions of new customers all over the world. You look at problems holistically, and thrive on the intricate complexity of designing feedback loops and ecosystems. You want to work on projects where you are leveraging Machine Learning models to implement solutions to real problems that require creative and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue its exponential growth.
About us together:
We're going to eliminate vendor complexity so they can make products available in any market place. Along the way, we're going to face seemingly impossible problems. We're going to argue about how to solve them, and we'll work together to find a solution that is superior to each of the proposals we came in with. We'll make tough decisions, but we'll all understand why. We'll be the dream team.
The ideal engineer for this space will be highly quantitative, have great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience, be inventive, and have a strong track record of delivery. You also have a pragmatic approach and iterative approach to building software: you have an ability to simplify and get things done with a demonstrated track record of building and delivering software and working effectively with external and internal teams.
You may already know if you're a fit, but perhaps you're worried about technology and experience requirements? Don't be - we're looking for smart, proven, engineers; if you're the right candidate, we're flexible.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate critical applications from end-to-end and evaluate component design using OOP.
• 0 to 3 years of software development experience.
• Strong proficiency in at least one modern OO programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java.
• Strong Object Oriented Design and familiarity with application and database programming under UNIX/Linux.
• Experience with Agile/Lean (Kanban, SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, database and data mining systems.
• Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
• Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science, Math or Physics or related field.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• A high degree of pragmatism in building the simplest thing that does the job; we want to use technology to solve real-world problems expediently, not indulge in over-designed, unnecessarily intricate software architecture.
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.
• A good understanding of SDLC models and a track record of shipping software efficiently. You recognize the difference between building software and shipping software.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills