BOLD Operations Manager
- Bengaluru, India
"Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones." - Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com - a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About Amazon India
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth's most customer-centric company.
We made our foray into the Indian market with the launch of Junglee.com, enabling retailers in India to advertise their products to millions of Indian shoppers and drive targeted traffic to their stores. In June 2013, we launched www.amazon.in for shoppers in India. With www.amazon.in, we endeavor to give customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient online shopping experience. In 4 years of launching our India operations, we have expanded our offering to over 100 million products across hundreds of categories. We are transforming the way India buys and sells and our philosophy of working backwards from the customers is what drives our growth and success.
We will continue to strive to become a trusted and meaningful sales and logistics channel for retailers of all sizes across India and a fast, reliable and convenient online shopping destination for consumers. For us, it is always "Day 1" and we are committed to aggressively invest over the long-term and relentlessly focus on raising the bar for customer experience in India.
• Team placement are based on business needs and as Amazon continues to grow and flex, we are looking for candidates who want to own, build and impact the customer experience and are flexible
• Make sure to list your MBA program and expected graduation date within the Education section of your online application
• A cover letter is not necessary
BOLD: The BOLD (Building Operations Leadership) Program is designed to accelerate the growth of leaders through challenging field experiences that stretch individual capability. Our Operations environment presents the candidates with great challenges in dealing with front line management, and driving scalable and continuous improvements across our Technology teams, Customer Service teams, Finance Operations teams, Seller Support teams, Fulfillment Center teams, and Transaction and Risk Management teams at locations throughout India. As a start-up within Amazon, we look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment - which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new things. If you have the passion for solving big problems and helping change the future of delivery experience for our customers, we would love to hear from you.
BOLD is a leadership development program which aims at building operations managers by honing their functional and leadership skills through on the job learning, supported by structured development & performance frameworks. The duration of the program is 36 months and the opportunities would be based out of Fulfillment Centers, Delivers Centers, Sort Centers or at any of our other office locations across our teams like Transportation, Customer Service, Amazon Logistics, Fulfilment by Amazon and Fulfillment Center. Your job location will be at field locations like delivery stations, sort centers or fulfillment centers which are typically large facilities and you should be able to stand/walk/ climb flights of stairs during work hours.
The BOLD manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, strategy, quality and productivity of the projects he/she manages. She/he will manage performance expectations and goals, monitor real time service levels and schedule adherence, and ensure the India teams meet and exceed their performance targets. In addition he or she will be responsible for ensuring the safety, security and integrity of Amazon's systems and data.
We are looking for smart and analytical people, who are passionate about operations, to join the BOLD Program at Amazon India. This program is designed for those candidates who thrive on driving change, building an organization and leading through others, by giving them a direct management assignment in our Operations Services or Technology Centers. Ideal candidates of this program are expected to leverage their strong analytical, communication and thinking big skills
• Require 2-4 years of experience in operations, general management or engineering fields
• People management experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Experience supporting customers internally and externally
• A technical degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or operation
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment
• Creative and analytical problem solvers with a passion for operational excellence
• MS-Excel, SQL skills a plus
• Pursuing Full-Time MBA and expected to graduate by 2019 or already graduated
• For applicants from Invite-Only-Campuses
• Desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities
• Ability to use hard data and metrics to make and support decisions
• Demonstrate organizational skills, flexibility and ability to produce results in a fast paced environment.
• You possess permanent authorization to work in the country of application and DOES NOT need any visa support/sponsorship.
• Please note that Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to achieve equal employment for all persons without discrimination. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability, you may contact Amazon Student Programs Team or your placement team.
Back to top