Join the team that just launched the first-ever brick-and-mortar Amazon retail location, Amazon Books in Seattle, WA. We've applied Amazon's 20 years of online bookselling experience to build a store that integrates the benefits of offline and online book shopping. Our doors opened November 3rd and it is very much still Day One. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books the world's most customer-centric bookstore and a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
The BIM Specialist role leads the vision and implementation of BIM technology, process, tools, and standards into the Amazon Books Store Development infrastructure. This role will lay the groundwork for the prototype set standards and design catalog data. They will support integration with: construction tools for take-offs and cost management; facilities tools for asset management – creating an end-to-end system that will be leveraged for the long term. This role will be a critical partner in creating the framework, and will be responsible for the tactical, day-to-day BIM modeling and prototype set management. An ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and has a deep passion for developing and implementing standards, tools, and processes across a growing organization. Outstanding project management and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Drives standards, processes and tools primarily for Store Development.
- Creates Revit families for the design catalog, ensuring all required data is accurately embedded.
- Creates Revit materials for the design catalog, ensuring material take-offs and cost data is accurately embedded.
- Creates and maintains the database for the design catalog leveraging off-the-shelf software including all updates/maintenance required for adds/changes/retirement of design items.
- Integrates Revit with other applications such as construction project management, cost estimation and asset management.
- Acts as an on-site consultant/trainer for the Design team as tools evolve and processes are refined.
- Provides "over-the-shoulder" training, developing and shadowing to the Design team.
- Creates and maintains the Amazon Books construction document standards.
- Defines and communicates project workflow ideology to both internal and external teams including qualification of external architectural firms.
- Creates trainings and onboarding tools for architects, MEP consultants and structural engineers on an on-going basis.
- Maintains the Amazon Books prototype set as the source of record for Design.
- Drives the integration of BIM with other internal systems to drive efficiencies.
- Maintains and manages a relationship with BIM and software vendors to ensure full support for implemented tools.
- Stays up-to-date with systems updates to ensure all tools continue to operate properly.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design or Engineering
- Expertise with Autodesk programs – specifically AutoCAD and Revit
- 4+ years of experience providing training and support in AutoCAD and Revit
- Autodesk product certifications a plus
- Experience with the following design programs: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, SketchUp, and Bluebeam
- The ability to work effectively in an extremely fast paced, ambiguous environment.
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record of owning project from start to finish – self-starter and self-directed
- Proactive and flexible attitude; willingness to take an "all hands on deck" approach
- Knowledge of current sustainability trends and practices preferred
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top